WOW, what a lucky BIN find on Ebay. (2013 SDCC Azog)

jjamell

I stated this in a previous post. I'm 99% sure they will release him in a set. Not because he is a key figure but because I highly doubt Lego would go to the trouble ( and expense) just to hand him out randomly at CC. New moulds are very expensive. The figures they give away are generally basic figs with different designs and colours. I could be wrong with this but I am not rushing out to grab the fig for my collection just yet.

SO do they just randomly hand out figures around the Lego pavilion or do they sell them?  How exactly do people get these?

With crazy prices like this almost makes going to ComicCon worth the investment.  (Regardless of how much fun it is.)

EDIT:  Without even looking at all the other stuff...just between Lego and Transformer you could easily pay for the entire trip.

Second Edit:  I want to go to ComicCon.   Also there is one in Virginia later this year, are those any good? 

http://vacomicon.com/

Obviously it won't be comparable to SDCC but do they do cool things at these smaller events too?

If azog doesn't come out in a future set that would be a huge slap in the face to al lego hobbit fans, seeing as how he is pretty much the main bad guy in the first hobbit film. How the hell would we complete our hobbit collection without him?

SO do they just randomly hand out figures around the Lego pavilion or do they sell them?  How exactly do people get these?

With crazy prices like this almost makes going to ComicCon worth the investment.  (Regardless of how much fun it is.)

EDIT:  Without even looking at all the other stuff...just between Lego and Transformer you could easily pay for the entire trip.

Second Edit:  I want to go to ComicCon.   Also there is one in Virginia later this year, are those any good? 

Obviously it won't be comparable to SDCC but do they do cool things at these smaller events too?

I read somewhere that they were being given out to random people at comic con for free

If azog doesn't come out in a future set that would be a huge slap in the face to al lego hobbit fans, seeing as how he is pretty much the main bad guy in the first hobbit film. How the hell would we complete our hobbit collection without him?

Agree totally but I'll be more angry if I don't get a Morgul lord or Sauron

I don't think he will be in the second film that much but will hit the third big time.

Iron Patriot was a key character in Iron Man 3. It didn't stop Lego only releasing him as a polybag only for upcoming games sales.

I don't think he will be in the second film that much but will hit the third big time.

Iron Patriot was a key character in Iron Man 3. It didn't stop Lego only releasing him as a polybag only for upcoming games sales.

I know  that sucks big time cause iron patriot figure looks awesome I just have no desire at all for the video game, although I might be tempted to preorder it just for the damn figure.  Damn you lego.

This is what I have been writing on my blogs about. Ebay always has some good deals, you just have to be fast and vigilant.

Man what a smoking deal.

I didn't get to see the original listing...it just said "the listing has ended"....what was the price exactly?

It was for $29.95  I don't think it sold for that because he listed another one right after for $299.95  Probably just cancelled it then relisted it

Ah ok...He got lucky if he cancelled it before someone had the chance to hit "BIN".

Just brought Attack of the wargs (great set btw) and the strangest thing happened! Looked like lego accidentally put a prototype Azog in the set, not sepreatly but the head was in bag 1 and so on.. will post a pic ASAP! (though it looks painted :/)

Anyone else had this?

From Eurobricks ...

I'll copy paste link to pic as soon as its up there!

From Eurobricks ...

I'll copy paste link to pic as soon as its up there!

That's awesome! I just wish that I was that guy. Mistakes like that don't happen in my sets... It would be great to get a double of every bag in a large set like the B-Wing, extremely unlikely. If there's one with double, there's probably one with nothing, and I'd hate to be that person!

No they do not hah

The only thing I've heard TLC do for non-affiliated Lego Conventions are unveiling new sets.  BrickFiesta had the B-Wing unveiling last year, BrickWorld had the Sydney Opera House this year, and BrickFete unveilied the Winter Village Market set this year.

I have no idea if there's anything planned for VAComiCon.