What recently retired set do you regret not purchasing any or a lot of?

Here is something that will make you cringe.  I bought 3 right when they came out and ended up returning them because they weren't moving in the beginning. :hang:   (note to self, never return LEGO, NEVER)

Lol.. To this day I regretted returning 2 Zombies sets to purchase a few Vampyre Hearse sets that were on sale for $22.  I already had 3 Zombies then and I thought those were enough :rofl:

I made some money on the Hearse but nowhere near as good as money I could have made on the Zombies :hyper:  

Here is something that will make you cringe.  I bought 3 right when they came out and ended up returning them because they weren't moving in the beginning. :hang:   (note to self, never return LEGO, NEVER)

Ouch!

It has to be the Zombies though. Small set, not a lot of space to occupy but awesome returns.

Anything Harry Potter. Both for investment purposes but also because my 5 year old really want Hogwarts. It's just so expensive now that I can't justify getting it over a cheaper modular like the Pet Shop or Town Hall. 

Also, the Black Pearl for $75 on black Friday. I was so close to getting it and then didn't.

I didn't realize the prices of EOL LEGO until Harry Potter was off the shelves. If I had only known in November 2012. 

What Lego set(s) have you made the foolish decision to pass up? What set did you purchase due to compulsive tendencies?

Without the obvious sets like the Zombies, I foolishly passed up Dino sets in February at 30% off.  I also purchased King's Carriage sets at full retail in November thinking I was being smart... 

What Lego set(s) have you made the foolish decision to pass up? What set did you purchase due to compulsive tendencies?

Without the obvious sets like the Zombies, I foolishly passed up Dino sets in February at 30% off.  I also purchased King's Carriage sets at full retail in November thinking I was being smart... 

This thread pretty much already exists.  Please merge:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4665-what-recently-retired-set-do-you-regret-not-purchasing-any-or-a-lot-of/?hl=regret

Sorry, but it really is different.  It was a two part question, also mentioning what "foolish" purchases people have made.

Should I just make a separate one for that question?

Sorry, but it really is different.  It was a two part question, also mentioning what "foolish" purchases people have made.

Should I just make a separate one for that question?

Yeah I was surprised it was actually merged. I thought it was different enough. Buried the other question.

I haven't made any I regret yet, but there are some that are possible. I bought some Dino sets - the TRU exclusive at good prices, but TRU is still selling them. They should go up after they finally run out though.

When I was new to this site I made some rash decisions and went out and bought sets that I probable shouldn't have.  For example:

Entire line of Kingdoms sets

Imperial Flagship

Town Plan

Now, on the surface, you will say "What's wrong with these"?  Well, I spent about $1400 on them.  I have sold my King's Castle for $225, and the Imperial Flagship is doing well since I purchased it for $300, but Town Plan seems to have leveled off and many of the Kingdoms sets haven't moved since I purchased them, taking away a lot of capital I could have put somewhere else.

• 1 month later...