Brickpoint Referral System

Ed and I want to try out a new referral system to give you another way to earn Brickpoints.  For any user that is referred to Brickpicker through your referral link and they register, you will receive 250 Brickpoints.  We are going to call this a trial to see how it goes.  After they register, you will see them in your referral system here: http://community.brickpicker.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=referrals

The 250 Brickpoints will be awarded to you once the new member has posted 10 forum posts.  We are hoping to get new members that care about LEGO, not a bunch of family signing up to give you points :)  That's why we are saying we are going to trial this for a while to see what direction it goes in.

All you need to do is place the link that was provided to you from the referral page or off the Forum Index page and put it on your Facebook page, Blog other LEGO sites, etc.   Don't spam these places please!!!   If you are creative, you can create a banner so that attract potential new member's attention.

So lets see how this goes and continue to build the community!

Nice trial ;) I doubt I will use it much though... 

Well every feature is not a fit or important to all users.  Some are social butterflies that like to Tweet, use other social media sites, etc.  They will be able to take advantage of it.  It's just an option.

Well every feature is not a fit or important to all users.  Some are social butterflies that like to Tweet, use other social media sites, etc.  They will be able to take advantage of it.  It's just an option.

But do you actually have to send email to the person to use it. I wanted to test it and only copied the link on referrals and gave it to 1 LEGO fan I have among my Friends and he signed up and I do not see it under referalls but see 2x invite sent cos i pasted link twice to him...

But do you actually have to send email to the person to use it. I wanted to test it and only copied the link on referrals and gave it to 1 LEGO fan I have among my Friends and he signed up and I do not see it under referalls but see 2x invite sent cos i pasted link twice to him...

No you don't need to send e-mails to everyone, that is just an option.  The main thing to do is just take the link that it gives you.  For example, mine is:

http://community.brickpicker.com/index.php?app=referrals&reff=1

I would just use that on other forums, blogs, facebook, anywhere.  Maybe create a graphic, or just a simple link like this.

FIND THE VALUE OF YOUR LEGO COLLECTION AT BRICKPICKER.COM

BRICKPICKER: LEGO PRICE AND INVESTING GUIDE

OR

brickfolio_badge_1_8e39df0a-e983-11e2-a8

This will just link people to the forum, I am working on a way to get it to go to the home page and count correctly for referrals.  

The 10 posts is a good thing. Most forums don't take enough caution for spam. One day we will start seeing reselles and things of that nature posting here. best take caution ahead of time.

True, we've already had a number of spammers in the last couple of months. Heck, last month we had somebody posted like eight different things full of random bullcrap. Oh yeah, that was a fun night....

• 2 weeks later...