McDonald's Happy Meal Minions

Guest ph4tb0i

Guest ph4tb0i

So in Canada they have the despicable me minion toys now free with any happy meal purchase (or 2 bucks which is half the price of the meal lol) Anybody else collecting these? I think they're 8-10 altogether or something. I've never seen so many adults ordering happy meals in my life.. lol. 

Guest ph4tb0i

Haha, I got him first, then just got banana dude yesterday. It's been a while since McDonald's happy meal toys actually caught my attention. :D

So in Canada they have the despicable me minion toys now free with any happy meal purchase (or 2 bucks which is half the price of the meal lol) Anybody else collecting these? I think they're 8-10 altogether or something. I've never seen so many adults ordering happy meals in my life.. lol. 

Sweet. You can get obesity and toys!!!

Guest idunno101

LOL the things that people go to just to get a minion from a movie. It's like their the next superhero or something. Still AWESOME though I love the little guys.  :hyper:

Guest ph4tb0i

I bought about 100 minions of different varieties since there seems to be north american exclusives. Going to wait for this to eol before selling.

Guest ph4tb0i

Lol only this one. Small inveatment but gauging how many of my friends are missing minions coupled with the fact that a minion movie spinoff is coming out means this has the potential to double in value. Average cost of each was only around 1.5 anyways... lol

Hey ph4tb0i, are some more limited than others?  I haven't bought any or plan too but my sister inlaw is having a hard time finding the one holding that green thingy/object to complete her set.  checked a few McD's and sold out...just curious.  With your inventory I'm sure there will be buyers and you'll turn a decent profit.    

Guest ph4tb0i

Oooh yeah. McDonald's has 20 different variations or something produced worldwide. Hoarders (like me) are scooping them up en masse so it's creating this massive shortage everywhere. 

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/SoShiok/Story/A1Story20130711-436479.html --> lineups in Asia

http://www.mcdhappymealtoys.com/2013/05/despicable-me-2.html --> Minion List. 

Prices varies from mcdonald's from $1 - $2 depending on what the manager wants. At those prices it's a no-brainer to buy at least a couple dozen. All I've seen on my facebook wall are people taking pictures of their minions.. 

• 2 weeks later...

So...the minions are EOL now. #1 and #3 in my city have been very rare (those are the two North American exclusives) because some guy bought the entire box at the Mcd's, and he posted a pic of it all to sell on Craigslist. From what my sis tells me in a forum she has been reading, a lot of people are angry at him.

Best time to flip right now, I think, while everyone is still desperately hoping they will find that one minion they are missing.

Guest ph4tb0i

Already sold 11 jelly shooters at 50 percent profit. If you are in the USA or can go to the USA pick up the collectors edition dave from toys r us. It's their exclusive and you can bet the value of it will definitely go up.

Kept one for myself though hahaha

Guest ph4tb0i

Also don't forget that there is a minion movie coming out, so lots of opportunity in the future for these things to appreciate once people want to fill in their collection.