Target: Lone Ranger series retiring soon?....Seriously?

Guest eightbrick

I'm hoping this stuff goes on direct clearance. With all the bad reviews I'm starting to think that the only way these will become good moneymakers as a whole theme is if they retire really quick.

target.com for $88.99.... :whistle:

http://www.target.com/p/lego-the-lone-ranger-constitution-train-chase-79111/-/A-14506548#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=lone+ranger

I will going to try to get it 50-70% off....just train and coach. Train for sure...coach???? nothing else.

BTW train now close to MSRP on eBay.....I am not sure how many sold last month. 

Wow. Talk about jumping the gun. Have some patience people. 30% off now is cool, but the sets are literally just out. If they are discounting them heavily now thinking the theme will tank and trying to move them, you will see further discounts.

I still at home and waiting for 50-70% off....somebody will hide it for me in a store for sure.LOL

Discounts aside, I had heard the film was doing badly, but the general consensus arond here seems worse than I had thought. I was coming out of my dark age as PoP was being clearanced...anyone remember how long it took for those sets to be clearanced after the gavel dropped and the film was officially recognized as a fail?

Guest ph4tb0i

Just bought 2 trains off of Entertainment Earth. I'd rather pay a bit extra and get an order in than to be sorry later if this suddenly goes out of stock everywhere. 

Guest ph4tb0i

yep. the bogo + free shipping is still on (but temporarily out of stock). 75 is close enough to 69.99 that it'd warrant 2 (1 of them is for my collection). 

if this is on the clearance rack then we definitely need to start paying attention to this set. might be jumping the gun a bit but better safe than sorry. 

Guest ph4tb0i

They ship to Canada for free too?

I have it shipped to a warehouse in the US and pick it up when i make my buffalo runs. :)

I have a really hard time believing this theme is going anywhere THAT fast. People are finding the new Castle that retails for $99 on clearance for $69.99 at a few targets as well. I think it's just a fluke that they are getting marked down in the system. That being said I wouldn't be shocked if it was clearanced out Dec 26th and we see some heavy discounting. No retailer is going to completely discount toys for a movie that has been out for mere weeks.  

I've been to 5 Targets and 3 Walmarts in the last few days and every store had TLR sets in stock at full retail.

I have a really hard time believing this theme is going anywhere THAT fast. People are finding the new Castle that retails for $99 on clearance for $69.99 at a few targets as well. I think it's just a fluke that they are getting marked down in the system. That being said I wouldn't be shocked if it was clearanced out Dec 26th and we see some heavy discounting. No retailer is going to completely discount toys for a movie that has been out for mere weeks.  

I've been to 5 Targets and 3 Walmarts in the last few days and every store had TLR sets in stock at full retail.

fluke or not ... gotta take advantage of the 30% mark down ...