YOYO.com

I know why they call it YOYO.com now because apparently they have a bunch of yoyos packaging the Lego sets for shipping.  I bought a vampyre castle and a helms deep from them over the past week and both arrive separately and slightly crushed.  They are sending me replacements, but I can't imagine they are going to hold up any better.  Anyway...that's all.

I know why they call it YOYO.com now because apparently they have a bunch of yoyos packaging the Lego sets for shipping.  I bought a vampyre castle and a helms deep from them over the past week and both arrive separately and slightly crushed.  They are sending me replacements, but I can't imagine they are going to hold up any better.  Anyway...that's all.

LF, sorry to hear about your box condition.  Yoyo has actually had some great reviews for their packaging in the past, so this surprises me somewhat.  I would suggest calling their customer service and letting them know you're not happy with the condition your sets were delivered.  I will guarantee you they will try to make it right.

I have ordered a few things from YOYO and have never had a problem. Was it packaged bad or crushed in shipping?

They are taking care of the VC, but I just got the HD today in the same condition.  I need to call them about it tomorrow.

They both seem to be packaging issues.  Both sets were packed the same way with a sloppy tape job and a loose box.  They did put air packs in it but it didn't help much.  They weren't mutilated but from an investment standpoint they would take a hit.

I have to say that I have not heard of bad stories with their shipping.  I have placed multiple orders with them and every order was speedy with fantastic packaging.  It's not always their fault.  Who knows what kind of day the person at UPS or where ever was having and stacked it poorly in the delivery truck.  I would not give up on them just yet.

They are taking care of the VC, but I just got the HD today in the same condition.  I need to call them about it tomorrow.

They both seem to be packaging issues.  Both sets were packed the same way with a sloppy tape job and a loose box.  They did put air packs in it but it didn't help much.  They weren't mutilated but from an investment standpoint they would take a hit.

LF - you need to remember to give your delivery guy a Christmas gift this year!  :santa:

Both Apple Tree Houses I ordered came crushed... Sold out now so they cant replace. They gave me $10 credit to my account for future order but thats about it. I might as well keep them since I cant get them anywhere else cheaper atm. Hopefully the ones I ordered from TRU come MINT!! @_@

Both Apple Tree Houses I ordered came crushed... Sold out now so they cant replace. They gave me $10 credit to my account for future order but thats about it. I might as well keep them since I cant get them anywhere else cheaper atm. Hopefully the ones I ordered from TRU come MINT!! @_@

Man thats rough. Tough thing when buying sets about to be gone.

Man thats rough. Tough thing when buying sets about to be gone.

Yea, kinda a last minute decision to pick some up. Really though, since they were only $37, even with the boxes looking like they where sat on (mainly in the middle, most of the corners are actually still corners) I should be able to flip for a good price.

Update:  So I received the replaced VC today.  The cardboard box it was packaged in was pristine and taped much better.  Here's the kicker...the VC itself was in worse shape than the previous one.  It was crushed worse and has a hole in the back where a part or pieces are trying to poke through.  This tells me that it had to have been this way coming from them because the new shipping box would be mangled if it happened during shipping. 

So now I have 3 sets from them that even with a discount that I got them at aren't worth their value.  Plus, I have to now take the time to call and ship them back.    :roadrage: <---on the bright side, what a great emoticon LOL.

Update:  So I received the replaced VC today.  The cardboard box it was packaged in was pristine and taped much better.  Here's the kicker...the VC itself was in worse shape than the previous one.  It was crushed worse and has a hole in the back where a part or pieces are trying to poke through.  This tells me that it had to have been this way coming from them because the new shipping box would be mangled if it happened during shipping. 

So now I have 3 sets from them that even with a discount that I got them at aren't worth their value.  Plus, I have to now take the time to call and ship them back.    :roadrage: <---on the bright side, what a great emoticon LOL.

Man that's unbelievable. I can't believe people would just throw a set like that in a box and ship it. If there are holes in the box, how do you even know it is complete?

I just called them and am sending them pictures so they "know what to look for" in the warehouse.  I think I figured out why they damaged.  They seem to package them well...maybe too well.  They have plenty of air packs surrounding the set and on top of the front of the box.  I think this is the issue because they are packed so tightly.  Just because it's packed with the air packs doesn't mean those same air packs won't crush it if enough force is applied to box. 

Guest ph4tb0i

Sorry to hear about your troubles. :( When I got my 2 VCs from them they were mint and still in the Lego shipping box. I wonder what happened here.. 

Conclusion - So I sent YOYO pictures of the 3 sets I got from them as well as the boxes they were shipped in.  I also even gave them my opinion on the idea that the air packs could be causing the damage because of how tightly they are packed.  I received an email yesterday stating the following:

"Thank you for sending the pictures over we really appreciate it. After speaking with my supervisor and showing him the pics he thinks it is best to refund and not attempt to ship again. I have emailed you 2 prepaid return labels. To return what you would like of the sets. I will process your refund right away. If you need help finding these items elsewhere please let me know. I am so very sorry for the inconvenience !"

I replied back stating that it sounds to me like the manager just thinks I'm being picky; however, I expect the condition to be similar to what I would buy off a store shelf.  I also don't understand why they don't think it's a shipping issue.  Instead saying they don't want to attempt another shipment.  I mean isn't that a critical part of their business?  So that tells me they just want to cut their losses with me as a customer.  That's really disappointing.

To be fair, they were super nice and responsive through all of this.  I do have to give them credit for that.  In the end they just couldn't fix the problem or chose not to.

Conclusion - So I sent YOYO pictures of the 3 sets I got from them as well as the boxes they were shipped in.  I also even gave them my opinion on the idea that the air packs could be causing the damage because of how tightly they are packed.  I received an email yesterday stating the following:

"Thank you for sending the pictures over we really appreciate it. After speaking with my supervisor and showing him the pics he thinks it is best to refund and not attempt to ship again. I have emailed you 2 prepaid return labels. To return what you would like of the sets. I will process your refund right away. If you need help finding these items elsewhere please let me know. I am so very sorry for the inconvenience !"

I replied back stating that it sounds to me like the manager just thinks I'm being picky; however, I expect the condition to be similar to what I would buy off a store shelf.  I also don't understand why they don't think it's a shipping issue.  Instead saying they don't want to attempt another shipment.  I mean isn't that a critical part of their business?  So that tells me they just want to cut their losses with me as a customer.  That's really disappointing.

To be fair, they were super nice and responsive through all of this.  I do have to give them credit for that.  In the end they just couldn't fix the problem or chose not to.

Im glad they were nice but this is just bad business. This is like telling a customer "well we understand so we don't think you should buy stuff from us anymore". Thats ridiculous. I would write back and tell them that Amazon and EE and even TRU never complain.

Im glad they were nice but this is just bad business. This is like telling a customer "well we understand so we don't think you should buy stuff from us anymore". Thats ridiculous. I would write back and tell them that Amazon and EE and even TRU never complain.

Agreed.  Also, this has happened to me on Amazon before with a couple of tower bridges last year and they knocked an additional 20% off.  I thought that was fair and kept the dinged up sets.  I could have returned those had I chosen to, but regardless they worked with me until I was satisfied.  I would've even considered keeping the YOYO sets had they offered to refund a portion of the cost back to me.

I am surprised that people expect a set that gets shipped 100's if not 1000's of miles by truck to arrive in perfect condition. I wouldn't sell to a lot of you either :)

EDIT: I am not talking about this specific event...just in general...small dings and such...I expect.

I am surprised that people expect a set that gets shipped 100's if not 1000's of miles by truck to arrive in perfect condition. I wouldn't sell to a lot of you either :)

EDIT: I am not talking about this specific event...just in general...small dings and such...I expect.

A lot of these are thrown in the box that way. If they took care with their items, it wouldn't happen as much.

I agree that sometimes it is the company's fault but no matter how good of care they take packing your items, some of them are going to get damaged and it isn't always their fault.    By asking them for a discount or a return every time an item gets a little ding it just raises the cost of everything else in the long run.  Just being devils advocate... :)

• Like 1

I agree that sometimes it is the company's fault but no matter how good of care they take packing your items, some of them are going to get damaged and it isn't always their fault.    By asking them for a discount or a return every time an item gets a little ding it just raises the cost of everything else in the long run.  Just being devils advocate... :)

I can see that point of view.  They shipped 3 boxes and they all ended up the same way by the time they got to me.  This was in the span of 10 days.  To me that just signifies an issue somewhere.  They could say it's with the carrier, and that may be the case.   I just expect them to be pretty close to shelf condition if I'm going to order them online.  I don't think that's unrealistic, and I think if we all start just excepting dings and dents and such as the normal it will get worse.  I have received items recently from ebay sellers and other online merchants that weren't perfect, so I'm not saying they have to be pristine.  I just don't expect them to look like the Samsonite gorilla sat on them before or during shipping :prankster: