Future of the Pirates of the Caribbean Lego theme

spener90

as of right now I have 47 Black Pearls and 42 Queen Revenge, and when Costco had the Black Pearls for $59.99 on Clearance since nobody was buying them I should kick myself for not buying 100 of them. Ed

Want to sell me a black pearl for fellow brickpicker discount. By the way, how do you have enough room in your house to keep all of your legos?

• 2 months later...

Okay question - should I sell my Queen Anne for $190 (used, 100% complete with box) now, or should I hang onto it?

I know it will probably go up in price a bit more, but what are your predictions on how much more?

Did it retire quite recently? (I'm so new to investing, I have no idea!)

Give it another year or two to appreciate. Ships always have a healthy demand and appreciate nicely over time.

New Imperial Flagship for example, has appreciated around 2-3 times it's RRP. If you picked them up when LEGO Shop at Home was clearing them out, more power to you.

Give it another year or two to appreciate. Ships always have a healthy demand and appreciate nicely over time.

New Imperial Flagship for example, has appreciated around 2-3 times it's RRP. If you picked them up when LEGO Shop at Home was clearing them out, more power to you.

I would sell it - You are right about this, but that doesn't mean used sets appreciate like that. Used to New gets to be a bigger gap as sets go up in value. I would get rid of it and buy something new that was about to retire.

On a side topic: so Costco sometimes has Lego? I checked out the toy section today (been watching for them to open it up for the season) and it was infected with multiple Megabloks sets, but no Lego.

Just checked Costco.com and no current Lego there.

I remember hearing about Sam's Club getting a bunch of Lego just in time for the holidays but has nothing as for the rest of the year. I have not seen this for myself but I may stop by mine to see if it happens this year.

Okay question - should I sell my Queen Anne for $190 (used, 100% complete with box) now, or should I hang onto it?

I know it will probably go up in price a bit more, but what are your predictions on how much more?

Did it retire quite recently? (I'm so new to investing, I have no idea!)

Do not sell this year. Wait until Fall /Winter 2014 just before the LOTR ship retires. Sell them and you will fetch between $200 and $250 easily. If sealed ones are going for $350 to $400 by then, you will get even more than $250

Well it looks like Disney is ending their relationship with Jerry Bruckheimer after this 5th film is done, so I'm guessing this is the last POTC for awhile and there surely won't be another LR. Not sure Lego would want to reboot the sets again knowing they are going to change focus at Disney.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE98J03M20130920?irpc=932