Hello from Memphis, TN

Hello from Memphis! I have got to say that I love this site! I actually stumbled across it as I was trying categorize my LEGO sets manually with a spreadsheet. One of the pieces of information I wanted was the original price of each set to help determine the total value of my sets, not even thinking that I could find the current value of the set. When I came across this site it was like a dream come true. I could record everything and keep up with the changes in value. Thanks so much! I am actually on my fourth or fifth iteration of collecting/investing where I have bought and sold everything for one reason or another. The last time I sold everything was about a year and half ago to pay for the potential adoption of three beautiful (but quite a handful) children. We are closer every day thankfully. Now I am buying again, but keeping everything in a storage area which seems to keep growing. I am still not sure if that is good, or says that I have issues of some kind, or both. :-) The other thing I have to say is that the articles and discussion threads have opened up my eyes to really maximizing the potential of my investing. Up to this point I have been buying what I like, not what has the most potential. I will keep buying what I like, but I will probably not buy as many copies (eventually those Pharoah's Quest sets will be worth something). :-)

Hello! And welcome to the site! At least in set numbers you are up there with Ed! I have started collecting recently but been a fan since I can remember. This site has only fueled my interest =P Hope everything goes through with your adoption process and you don't have to sell everything, again!

Thanks for the welcome! The adoption process is going well, after two years we are finally at the point where the paperwork just have to be approved by the state and one more court date. The time was greatly increased by fostering the children first. As for the set numbers, I am not sure it is a fair comparison with Ed. I am sure he has far more. While I am still not done categorizing everything so the numbers are not complete yet, I do have 1,785 collectible minifig sets and I am not sure that they should count. :-) Although using this site showed me that those three boxes of minifigs are the most valuable theme I am collecting even over all the Star Wars sets I have. I was very fortunate to start buying them when they first started being released.

Hello and welcome to the site. Jeff and I appreciate all the kind words. We have been working hard to make this the best resource for LEGO prices and investing on the internet. We brainstorm constantly and have some exciting features to add in the future, unlike anything in the LEGO industry. We like to make it a more social experience for members and are working towards that. The site is still less than a year old, but the recent activity has really energized Jeff an I to find more creative features than are currently offered at other sites. Please be patient and feel free to give us some suggestions...even small ones. We try to consider every idea, but sometimes we just don't have the time at the present moment to change things. Rest assured, all the ideas are listened to and we have a list of stuff we want to improve. There is just not enough time in the day unfortunately, but that being said, it will get done eventually. We really love input from members. Jeff and I have a vision for the big picture, but sometimes we don't see the small issues. Enjoy the site.... PS: There are many members with larger LEGO collections than mine...You just have to figure out who, because I'm not telling. LOL