$13,000 worth of Lego...ok which one of you is this?

JoshTX

I actually feel kind of sorry for whoever this may be, because I imagine they are taking a pretty serious hit if they are truly selling this lot for 13,500 after surely paying much more for that and very recently, considering there are som many new sets. Even if the B-Wings were purchased on the 4th, and they paid less than retail for most of these sets, they are probably losing out.

I know there was a guy on here some time back that was contemplating selling his entire collection for personal reasons because he had some issues to deal with. If this is him, I wish him luck on this sale, and whatever else he's dealing with.

I actually feel kind of sorry for whoever this may be, because I imagine they are taking a pretty serious hit if they are truly selling this lot for 13,500 after surely paying much more for that and very recently, considering there are som many new sets. Even if the B-Wings were purchased on the 4th, and they paid less than retail for most of these sets, they are probably losing out.

I know there was a guy on here some time back that was contemplating selling his entire collection for personal reasons because he had some issues to deal with. If this is him, I wish him luck on this sale, and whatever else he's dealing with.

Yeah I agree. I hate it for people when things like this come up. Although we can maybe just hope its something good like he's having a baby, or he won the Lottery and doesn't need money and investments anymore.

If I had that much money... It would be mine, all mine. But I do agree and wish him all the luck selling such a large collection.

I'm waiting for Kerrmando to jump on here and tell us he bought the whole thing and is currently driving a U-Haul over there to pick it all up. That guy pushes some pretty serious numbers. :money:

• Like 2

I'm waiting for Kerrmando to jump on here and tell us he bought the whole thing and is currently driving a U-Haul over there to pick it all up. That guy pushes some pretty serious numbers. :money:

Haha, yup. I was contemplating it myself, but I live in Cali so it would pretty much negate the good deal. Also, I was thinking about creating a Brickfolio just for this list to see the value, but instantly got too lazy and aborted lol!

Good luck to the seller, and congrats to whoever snags it!

I offered a guy in Michigan (near where my parents live) $4000 or a collection that he was asking $7k for. (think his estimate was spot on for the retail/ebay price for individual items as a sum total but he wanted to charge someone retail and he was out of the middle of nowhere in Michigan, I'm likely the only serious offer he had)  He had a bunch of new stuff and lots of misc unsorted parts. I would have to rent a U-haul as well for that deal. It would probably be enough inventory to keep me busy for the next couple months.

I'm just a couple hours out, but I'm way too small time for something like this. There's definitely money to be made, but given these sets, it's going to take a little bit of time and effort. If I had that kind of capital to burn, though, I'd probably just reinvest it into principal on my house, as this kind of deposit on my principal would significantly reduce my interest on the back end of the loan. If not that, I would probably be putting it towards some other form of real estate investment.

Anyone wonder if these are a bunch of boxes filled with Cheerios? I would be tempted to open a few random boxes to check. I live in CA as well, but my parents are outside of Austin and they have plenty of spare room, so I am giving this strong consideration.

There is no way I would spend $13,000 on those sets, to many cheap small sets and sets that could take many many years to make money. With $13,000 I would load up on lots of big sets that will bring in the big bucks for sure. Anybody thinking about it I would think twice about it.

• Like 1

There is no way I would spend $13,000 on those sets, to many cheap small sets and sets that could take many many years to make money. With $13,000 I would load up on lots of big sets that will bring in the big bucks for sure. Anybody thinking about it I would think twice about it.

I agree. Going back through them I would just buy 60 Haunted Houses.

I would agree. From a long term investor a lot of these sets suck. Personally I would flip everything that is already flatlined and a few others to trim the fat and put that against the total paid. You'd probably end up with a really nice investment portfolio for a good price. Maybe I can't help it, I just think like a Flipvestor.

I would agree. From a long term investor a lot of these sets suck. Personally I would flip everything that is already flatlined and a few others to trim the fat and put that against the total paid. You'd probably end up with a really nice investment portfolio for a good price. Maybe I can't help it, I just think like a Flipvestor.

- Still though that will take quite a bit of work because of all the small sets.

I think small sets of only really worth it if you have a lot of the same 1 or two sets.