The most horrifying package from Amazon, ask for refund?

I just received a "package" that contains a "new" LEGO  9398 Technic 4X4 Crawler ordered from Amazon UK.

This is undoubtely the most terrible package condition I have ever received.

The whole package is wet and is wrapped in bubble wrapper just to hold it together.

I guess the package probably once fall into the sea and then rescued by the coast guard or something...

The box is very soft and is torn apart by the time I carefully open the package, not sure if everything is still there.

Probably hard to "return shipping" in this case.

Does anyone have similar experience? I remembered someone on BP has requested refund from Amazon UK.

How does that work?

post-622-0-62374500-1373341886_thumb.jpg

post-622-0-19507100-1373341917_thumb.jpg

post-622-0-43576500-1373341937_thumb.jpg

post-622-0-42863400-1373341953_thumb.jpg

post-622-0-60063300-1373341980_thumb.jpg

This is why you don't hire Edward Scissor Hands to be in your packaging department.

You had one job.

Return it and tell them how bad the experience was. In my experience they may give you a giftcard. Amazon is really good about stuff like that.

Edward Scissor Hands!?! That's why you don't package items with a fire hydrant!!

Guest eightbrick

Good grief. What were they thinking? Just because you put some bubble wrap around it doesn't mean it will protect it from being shipped. And beaten. And ran over by a freight train.

Complain to customer service. As DoNotInserIntoMouth said, they are usually pretty good with these things. That must have been an awkward delivery for the postman/UPS guy.

I think we should have a whole thread of these.

Who's your postman, Bruce Banner?

Been working out with the shake weight a little too much?

Even Ted Kaczynski would have sent that back.

Is Evil Kenivel your delivery guy?

That box screams "Here's Johnny!!"

Looks even worse than an Epic Dragon Battle I had a while ago, it was water damaged about half the box.

I just initiated return through their online process and then at the end sent them a follow up email with the reference number and asked if I could work something else out as I didn't want to international ship it back.  They came straight to the party and let me keep it and shipped me another.  Excellent customer service, but maybe they look at your customer history to see what action they take first.

Amazon: Oh you like Building stuff, try putting this back together!

Clearly Newman sat on it in the mail truck.

Somewhere Kenny *** is laughing all the way to the back playing "Pick up the pieces".

Express delivery: One Chuck Norris roundhouse

Who's the seller again.....? Hulk Hogan

• Like 2

Looks even worse than an Epic Dragon Battle I had a while ago, it was water damaged about half the box.

I just initiated return through their online process and then at the end sent them a follow up email with the reference number and asked if I could work something else out as I didn't want to international ship it back.  They came straight to the party and let me keep it and shipped me another.  Excellent customer service, but maybe they look at your customer history to see what action they take first.

I think Amazon is just really good like that. Two years ago on Black friday I purchased a xbox360 and kinect for $200 on black friday. The day after, they matched a walmart deal with the same deal except you got a 50$ gift card back. I was irritated so I emailed them about the deal and they just sent me $50. 

That is really excellent customer service. Sounds like I can either complain to them or initiate a return process.

Will keep everyone updated.

What the F ????

OMG this is amazing example of the worst packing and handling ever ...

Will be hard to beat that one...

Then again i got Helm's Deep from Amazon.de shipped with only receipt stickied on the box and amazingly it arrived in PERFECT MINT condition... 

I had the same situation with my 2 Technic Rescue Helicopters.  At first, they wanted me to return them for a refund, since they were out of stock for replacement.  I really didn't want to have to ship them back internationally.  I chatted with another CSR and asked them if they could do anything else.  They immediately came back and said they could issue a refund.  I was shocked that they said a full refund, since I was only expecting 20% or so.  A couple days later a $145 credit was processed back to my credit card.