79105 - Baxter Robot Rampage

TRU exclusive...didn't bite at 20% off recently, looking for cheaper price down the road.  I have the Shellshock and this set would give me all 4 turtles.  Baxter has some nice minifigs and being an exclusive I would say this might be the best set of the theme. 

TRU exclusive...didn't bite at 20% off recently, looking for cheaper price down the road.  I have the Shellshock and this set would give me all 4 turtles.  Baxter has some nice minifigs and being an exclusive I would say this might be the best set of the theme.

I think it's my favorite of the theme, it's a really cool set. The fact that it's an exclusive will help with resale later imo.

Correct about the exclusivity, and I agree with your overall statement.

Random question, does anyone think the Mouser can be considered a minifigure? It's a tiny build therefore in my mind, I don't think so.

TheOrcKing, Lego calls it 'character/robot' and not minifig.  I guess those chessy droids in SW theme the same?  I remember in the old TMNT video games those Mousers would pop up everywhere. 

Anyways, the more I look at this set...the more I want it now lol.  Guess I have to wait for a sale/deal.  The Baxter minifig is extra cool.  And I'm sure you can use the parts from the Baxter robot to make your own custom mech if you're into that stuff/creative enough.     

• 3 months later...

Baxter now Sold Out on S@H. Looks like in the Lego store or TRU only for finding this set. Sleeper potential.

Agreed - Baxter has the only April O'Neil (so far), which will help push this set once it retires.

That said, I can't pull the trigger on it at $55, which is what TRU has it for on their website.  I tried to apply a 20% off coupon and it wouldn't allow it.  I'm hoping S@H has some left, or TRU lowers their price back to their earlier price ($45 I think).

Baxter now Sold Out on S@H. Looks like in the Lego store or TRU only for finding this set. Sleeper potential.

Short sales run on this one (8-9 months?) will likely push it's price too.  I thought this TRU exclusive would last longer - damn.

BTW, why do you think S@H is sold out of this one?  It's popular, just like the rest of the TMNT line.  I am REALLY bullish on this line, especially if this first release retires soon.

Not sure why this is sold out already. With my sample size of 1 focus group at home though, the 5 year old demographic really likes the Baxter storylines and his robots. So given that it is really only available in two locations, that might explain it. Both Lego stores close to me have this on the shelf though, and neither have Funhouse, so it can still be found at $39.99 I think.

Not sure why this is sold out already. With my sample size of 1 focus group at home though, the 5 year old demographic really likes the Baxter storylines and his robots. So given that it is really only available in two locations, that might explain it. Both Lego stores close to me have this on the shelf though, and neither have Funhouse, so it can still be found at $39.99 I think.

Good call - Lego Store is probably your best bet to land this set.

So, I'm heading to the Lego Store today to grab a couple Baxters, and to get the promotional WV set, I need to buy another $20+.  I am thinking about grabbing two Krang Lab Escapes to make sure I have the Krang minifig, but I could also grab a Shredder's Dragon Bike instead.  Anyone with thoughts of which I should pull the trigger on (or something else)?

• Like 1

So, I'm heading to the Lego Store today to grab a couple Baxters, and to get the promotional WV set, I need to buy another $20+.  I am thinking about grabbing two Krang Lab Escapes to make sure I have the Krang minifig, but I could also grab a Shredder's Dragon Bike instead.  Anyone with thoughts of which I should pull the trigger on (or something else)?

I would go with Shredders Dragon Bike as it is next to impossible (in my experience) to find a decent sale on that set.

Dragon Bike is good, although I still expect to find these at Walmart on random clearance after the holidays, gut feel there. Barnes and Noble BOGO also a good chance to get these. I just did this a few minutes ago, picked up two Baxter, and two Halloween minifig sets on clearance for $10 to get me over $100. My store still had a couple dozen of the Holiday set, so I snagged one more.

I would go with Shredders Dragon Bike as it is next to impossible (in my experience) to find a decent sale on that set.

Dragon Bike is good, although I still expect to find these at Walmart on random clearance after the holidays, gut feel there. Barnes and Noble BOGO also a good chance to get these. I just did this a few minutes ago, picked up two Baxter, and two Halloween minifig sets on clearance for $10 to get me over $100. My store still had a couple dozen of the Holiday set, so I snagged one more.

I'm leaning toward the Dragon Bike.  Shredder is exclusive to that set, and he's an iconic baddie from TMNT.  His fig is going for a lot more than the Krang fig too, and I'm not sure everyone will be jumping to grab the goofy expression Michaelangelo.  I'm leaning toward the Dragon Bike, but may check the polybag selections (and the Halloween Accessory Pack).

Thanks guys!

• 2 months later...

These have been on sale and I am surprised they are not out of stock yet.  They aren't adding additional sets b/c TMNT sets are selling poorly!  They are adding more b/c...

Was thinking the same thing when I saw them yesterday! Crazy that they haven`t sold yet....or is it? Honestly, I`m not a fan of the Lego TMNT sets. I have 2 Shellraisers that I got for 40% off, that`s it. Here`s why I don`t understand about Lego`s timing in releasing these.

I walk into the Lego store, TRU, Walmart, etc, see TMNT on the shelf. Well, somewhere near by is DC/Marvel sets, aka Batman, aka "I`m the Batman". Ya anyway, so I`m looking at the TMNT stuff, and then I see these. Well, guess where my attention goes, right over there. Just. Like. Pretty much. Every. Other. Person.  :sarcastic:

DC/Marvel stuff, and I mean practically all of it is superior. Better looking, better display ability, better minifigs, etc. How Lego expected these sets to do well really puzzles me. They`ve got quite a few good sets out at the moment, and over the past year as well. Sure people by TMNT also, but really, why would you when you see everything else available? They are inferior sets and are poorly designed (maybe not that extreme, but much worse then they could be). Honestly though, so many people avoiding TMNT might make the theme a winner regardless of the poor sets. Less demand now may make more later  :sarcastic:

These have been on sale and I am surprised they are not out of stock yet.  They aren't adding additional sets b/c TMNT sets are selling poorly!  They are adding more b/c...

They already bought the license for x amount of years?

I know people on the boards will point out that in x market these things are selling like hotcakes (TMNT line) but I'd like to see a really well put together article showing sales trends that can really convince me!

I know people on the boards will point out that in x market these things are selling like hotcakes (TMNT line) but I'd like to see a really well put together article showing sales trends that can really convince me!

That`s a great suggestion! It would be surprising if they were in fact doing quite well, and it`s me living in bit of a hole after all  :sarcastic:

It's the first line of TMNT so there really isn't data to support any such article.  Maybe that's your point!    I guess I am leaning my direction b/c I have made a killing selling all the TMNT regular toys for the last two years. 

TMNT will be a big winner in the secondary market.  TMNT have been huge for decades. I guess time will tell who is correct....

I have little doubt of that, I`m referring to them probably not appearing to do quite as well in the primary market now. It`s the name combined with Lego that sells them, not the quality of the sets. 

• Like 1