last day that amazon doesn't collect sales tax in nj

river41

here's the full list of upcoming states ripped off of sd

Here are upcoming dates when Amazon will collect the sales tax for shipments to 9 other states:

-New Jersey: 07/01/13. 

-Virginia: 09/01/13

-Connecticut: 11/01/13

-Massachusetts: 11/01/13

-Indiana, Nevada, and Tennessee: TBD, 2014

-South Carolina: TBD, 2016.

-Florida: TBD

Currently Amazon.com collects sales tax for items shipped to the following 9 states:

-Arizona

-California

-Kansas

-Kentucky

-New York

-North Dakota

-Pennsylvania

-Texas

-Washington

Maybe I should pack up and move over to good ol' Louisiana. Something tells me they'll be one of the last to adopt this tax. They're typically near the end of everything when it comes to lawmaking and regulations.

Good luck with that.  Craigslist will not work for most people, or at the very least, severely limit sales.

Oh yeah. The sarcasm was heavy on my comment. Any boat sailed to Craigslist will sink quickly.

They satrted collecting in Texas about a year ago. I still remember that day, as I placed a "final" non-tax large order of some Christmas and holiday gifts for friends and family, some video games and blu-ray discs for myself as well as some camping gear. Sadly, I wasn't out of my Lego dark ages at that time, otherwise I'd probably own quite a few more retired sets. :cry:

Yep. Awful stuff, especially since our sales tax is one of the uglier ones.

Today in Minnesota online retailers like eBay, Amazon, and iTunes must now collect state sales tax on internet purchases, including music and video downloads.

The rate is 6.875%.

Does every ebay seller have to collect the tax? Or are there exemptions for people who sell under a certain amount per yr?