Master Builder Academy - general discussion

Master Builders, unite!  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Master Builder Academy kits?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
  2. 2. Do you believe they could make good investments?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

What I don't like about it is that they changed the whole program. It used to be a subscription for kits 2 - 6, and you would automatically get the next set in the mail every month. But now, you have to buy the kits together, like kits 2 and 3, and then separately, kits 4 - 6. Also, for a higher price. The subscription used to be almost half the price for what all the prices are now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I saw in a recent Lego club magazine that one of the upcoming MBA sets is going to be steampunk themed. It seems like a theme Lego could roll into that would attract a lot of attention. It is a personally a theme I would like to see and would enjoy. Are there any other people out there that would like to see something like that? I can't imagine it's so far off that Lego may have a theme that could be popular without having to license anything.

TOK:

Here's the article on The Brick Fan.

I added a link to the article from The Brick Fan and attached images to the main post. I was going to post about this myself but sadowsk1 got to it before me. Whatever, it's all good. Ha ha. :cheese: I still think this is pretty cool and one of the better things to come out of the MBA kits in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I've added info, images, and tagged links for all four MBA sets currently available from Shop-at-Home. Unfortunately, they do not seem to be available in any other country aside from the United States and are a Lego exclusive. I couldn't add all images to the main post because there is ten pics per post limit.

I also would have been done a little quicker if my neighbor was not snoring so loudly I can literally hear him from here.

It's driving me up the f'ing wall! :ireful: I swear I could just :suicide:.

Guest ph4tb0i

Saw these at the Lego store last night but I'm not sure if I want to jump on them as their potential is relatively unknown.. Still. I guess I could sit on them for myself if they don't pan out... :)

I should have made a note stating all images are very large in size so it could take a while to load up all nineteen of them. I just added a little poll for everyone and would like to throw out the question of what you think about collecting and/or investing with the MBA kits.

I tried to post this reply much earlier but it didn't go through.

I do have one complete set of the last MBA series and I think these are much better. The older series is not selling for much of a premium. It is possible this might do well eventually because it might not be on investor's radar so it might be difficult to find in a few years. On the other hand MBA is not something most Lego collectors would be looking at owning, more for a very serious collector.