Newbie looking to sell some old Legos to help pay for college.

Hey just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. 21 year old student, me and the rest of my family have been collecting and building lego for years. However going into my senior year of a double major I need to liquidate some of my collection. I posted onto reddit a couple hours ago and lots of people showed interest. I have nearly 100 sets. (More considering I probably have lost some of the instructions over the years, and some model numbers that aren't even available on this site!) Heres the link to the reddit post. http://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/yz6jk/organizing_and_selling_some_legos_to_help_pay_for/ Some pictures. http://imgur.com/a/HOSQj If you're interesting in buying everything (a little disorganized) PM me here or on Reddit (I'll likely check Reddit more often) Price estimate @ $3500, best offer, or possibly selling individual sets. If you have any tips or know how to share my brickfolio on other websites let me know. Cheers! -Goosetrooper

You have some nice sets man. Where do you live? Depending on how you sell them you'll get what you want for most of it but if you sell in bulk you'll take a hit on the profit. Now if you sold by the lb. both you and the buyer might come out winners. Lego sells from anywhere from 10 - 35 bucks a lbs. Also, I'd part out the more valuable sets, The Gunship and Jango Slave 1 for starters. Assuming you have the figs of Jango and little boba that a big sale.

Thanks for the tip, very much appreciated. After doing a bit of research I think I'm going to sell my sets individually. (This gives me the opportunity to build them all again, check quality, and possibly make more money, however I put the whole set up on Ebay as a hail mary over priced combo that maybe someone will bite on) Cheers for the tip!

Thanks for the tip, very much appreciated. After doing a bit of research I think I'm going to sell my sets individually. (This gives me the opportunity to build them all again, check quality, and possibly make more money, however I put the whole set up on Ebay as a hail mary over priced combo that maybe someone will bite on)

Cheers for the tip!

Selling LEGO sets individually always makes more money for the seller. It might be more work, but buyers appreciate seeing completed models. They want to know exactly what they are paying for.