Stanley Cup Thread (spoiler alert!)

Darth Lego

2013 Stanley Cup Final  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the 2013 Stanley Cup Final?

• No! It was pretty boring.
    • Yes! It was very enjoyable.
    • I didn't watch it.
    • It was okay. Nothing too memorable.

Here is an update for sports/hockey fans. (For NHL Hockey I'm a Minnesota Wild fan.) The Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup Final tonight with a score of 3 to 2. I didn't get to watch too much of the Finals, but I heard it was a thrilling series. Was it a memorable Final or was it one you will easily forget?

EDIT: I have now added a poll.

WOO. I wasn't really rooting for either of these teams, but I'm glad I'm not the only one here on the forums who was paying attention.

I just didn't want Boston to win (haaaaaate 'em).

The turnaround in this series was amazing. Going from a 2 - 1 losing game to a tie of 2 - 2, everyone was expecting a heated overtime, but right after 1 minute left on the clock, Chicago cinched the victory with a mind blowing redirect to turn it into a 3 - 2 Stanley cup win, as Chicago was already leading 3 - 2 in the best of 7 series.

Absolutely the coolest way for Chicago to have won this cup away from home.]

I didn't vote because the option

"HOLY MIND-BLOWING ACTUAL <BLEEP>! THAT WAS AMAZING"

on the poll.

To be fair: I wouldn't even be watching any of this if it wasn't for my girlfriend. She's absolutely crazy about Hockey, and NO OTHER SPORT, and she's rubbed off on me, especially in this crazy playoff season.

I just bought a Blackhawks t-shirt at the Blackhawks Store in downtown Chicago yesterday. Needless to say, it is now my lucky shirt.

The Hawks really played their tails off. Same with the Bruins - they were really good this playoff. I'm still pinching myself...

Guest eightbrick

WOO. I wasn't really rooting for either of these teams, but I'm glad I'm not the only one here on the forums who was paying attention.

I just didn't want Boston to win (haaaaaate 'em).

The turnaround in this series was amazing. Going from a 2 - 1 losing game to a tie of 2 - 2, everyone was expecting a heated overtime, but right after 1 minute left on the clock, Chicago cinched the victory with a mind blowing redirect to turn it into a 3 - 2 Stanley cup win, as Chicago was already leading 3 - 2 in the best of 7 series.

Absolutely the coolest way for Chicago to have won this cup away from home.]

I didn't vote because the option

"HOLY MIND-BLOWING ACTUAL <BLEEP>! THAT WAS AMAZING"

on the poll.

To be fair: I wouldn't even be watching any of this if it wasn't for my girlfriend. She's absolutely crazy about Hockey, and NO OTHER SPORT, and she's rubbed off on me, especially in this crazy playoff season.

Yeah, Boston is pretty hard to like with Chara, Marchand and Lucic. I was cheering for the Hawks, and their comeback was epic material, but I love overtimes more than anything, so wish they finished them off it overtime instead (like last time, that was sweet!). Hawks were probably my like fifth favorite team going into the playoffs (I was rooting for caps, vancoucer, st. louis and a couple other teams), but nonetheless, congrats to Kane, Crawford, Toews and the rest of the gang!

Being Canadian, felt an obligation to run around my house screaming when Bolland (a canuck) scored for the team I was cheering for. You know us Canadians, we love nothing more than a good hockey game. Except maybe a good beer.

Guest eightbrick

The Bruins beat my Leafs in a crazy Game 7 of Round 1...so I'm happy Black Hawks won :P  The Stanley Cup is the hardest or one of the toughest trophy's to win.  

Yeah, that was a heartbreaking loss for the Leafs. Kudos to Andrew Shaw for roughing out, I bet that gritty shot of him hoisting the cup, blood streaming down his face will be classic.

Comicblast must be pleased.

Guest eightbrick

One of the most memorable in Stanley Cup history. Blackhawks two goals scored within 30 seconds with a minute and a half left in the game to win by 1.

GO HAWKS!

Yeah, twas pretty awesome, but I still prefer their win from '10 in overtime. But my all-time favorite hockey game was the 2010 Olympic Gold. That was mind-blowing, like the script of a cheesy sports movie came alive. I still get goosebumps from watching that last goal by Crosby.

Am I the only person around who often records sporting events? I wasn't worried about this game, but I'd be pretty bummed if I was and I came to this site and saw a post titled with exactly what I wouldn't want to see. Maybe we can make it a habit in the future to title such posts something like "Stanley Cup Results" so people can avoid the info if needed?

• Like 1

Am I the only person around who often records sporting events? I wasn't worried about this game, but I'd be pretty bummed if I was and I came to this site and saw a post titled with exactly what I wouldn't want to see. Maybe we can make it a habit in the future to title such posts something like "Stanley Cup Results" so people can avoid the info if needed?

I see your point and I agree with you. I cannot edit my post so if you want to change the title go ahead. Sorry for the title.

Guest eightbrick

Are they still showing hockey on TV?  :whistle:  I remember the good old days when the WCW and WWF had higher ratings than the NHL and NBA COMBINED!!!!

Careful there. There's a disproportionate number of Canadians on the site, and you wouldn't want us to attack you with maple syrup.

I see your point and I agree with you. I cannot edit my post so if you want to change the title go ahead. Sorry for the title.

Title changed.  It's probably moot at this point, but in case there are still people that don't know who won it's been changed. 

Careful there. There's a disproportionate number of Canadians on the site, and you wouldn't want us to attack you with maple syrup.

Actually, I love watching the NHL (I just don't have cable anymore - Netfilx and Amazon Video - less than $20 a month).  We used to have a minor league hockey team here and they were a blast to watch.  Not only is fighting allowed, its encouraged.  Best 5 bucks per ticket I have ever spent.

Guest eightbrick

Actually, I love watching the NHL (I just don't have cable anymore - Netfilx and Amazon Video - less than $20 a month).  We used to have a minor league hockey team here and they were a blast to watch.  Not only is fighting allowed, its encouraged.  Best 5 bucks per ticket I have ever spent.

I was just kidding. I'll tell you what. You let me into some of those insane deals down south, and I will buy you Bret Hart's house (apparently it was on sale a while ago).

My girlfriend fell for the Rangers, especially Lundqvist and his insane goal-tending. She demanded I brick up a mock-hockey player minifig version of him.

It's sitting on the shelf now.

I feel sorry your GF fell for the Rangers. The only team tougher to root for is the Leafs, who I was rooting for during the Boston collapse in the first round. Talk about a sucker punch...

Guest eightbrick

My girlfriend fell for the Rangers, especially Lundqvist and his insane goal-tending. She demanded I brick up a mock-hockey player minifig version of him.

It's sitting on the shelf now.

Interesting that if she likes goal-tending, she didn't choose to cheer for LA. Quick is amazingly athletic, has some good high-light reel saves. But I guess Lundy is good too ;)

Guest eightbrick

Why don't you guys wise up and watch a real sport (soccer)

LOL

That's a dangerous path to take LOL. Before a flame war starts, I'll just say both sports have their benefits and their players are tough in their own way. Just varying degrees of toughness. That said, I'll let the following pictures speak volumes about their sports:

This is a hockey player, welcoming a punch to the face.

'>

Next, this is a soccer player crying after sitting on that darned spiky artificial turf.

'>

That's a dangerous path to take LOL. Before a flame war starts, I'll just say both sports have their benefits and their players are tough in their own way. Just varying degrees of toughness. That said, I'll let the following pictures speak volumes about their sports:

This is a hockey player, welcoming a punch to the face.

'>

Next, this is a soccer player crying after sitting on that darned spiky artificial turf.

'>

In that you are completely right. Not to hijack this thread, but a while back soccer players did not whine as much as they do now...

Why don't you guys wise up and watch a real sport (soccer)

LOL

I only like European Soccer when they tear and burn down the stadium.  Other than that, I just watch it on the Spanish station so I can hear: ggggggoooooooooaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll !!!! :popcorn: