Testing out new Activity Stream Feature

Here and there I will try a few new things. Personally I like this, but I want to get some feedback.  The activity stream will let you know when people do new things.  I disabled a bunch because it would be overkill, but instead of having two spots, one for latest post and one for latest topic, this will just show the order of when things were done. You will see the chronological order in which others have replied as well.

There is also a new tab in your menu that says "News Feed" (title will probably change, that is just default).  

http://community.brickpicker.com/stream.html

From this point forward, you will be able to see when new things are posted.  If you sit on the page long enough, it will update and refresh automatically.  

I just want to try this out for a few days, see if its helpful to people when new blogs are posted, new topics, replies, photos, comments, etc.  Its just an overall way to check in and see what's happening.

If everyone hates, it then we go back to the way it was before.  No big deal.

Sorry Jeff, but I personally dislike the new News Feed.  I am not interested in seeing a list of actions by individuals.  Plus, whenever a hot topic is discussed, the News Feed basically will have pretty similar entries repeated over and over. 

The old Top topics gave me a quick indication of the "hot" conversation at the moment.

Is there any way we can customize how the main forum page appear to us ? (http://community.brickpicker.com/)

On the other hand, auto refresh is always good ;)

You say is there a way to fix this, but what is your suggestion to what it's supposed to be fixed to?

Its too crowded in my opinion.

Why I personally prefer the older layout is

1. you get to see new topis on the right (in new one they might get side tracked cos of number of responses in different threads)

2. putting who join (new member) and then also having latest member is not needed imo.

What I do think is good from the new layout is the amount of latest posts !

• Like 1

I know that I always have a complaint, but it says in the feed, 'darth raichu just posted on...' is there a way to fix this? Other than that I like it!

why would you want to get rid of this? It's basically allowing us to see the regular "latest forum posts" section with out refreshing the page quite so often.

So I think what some of you guys are hinting at is that you want something more like the "latest forum posts" section but in the old format like a table that shows who posted, when, and in what thread, which is basically the same as what we have currently except without the content of the post.

Ok, so for now I added more Recent Posts on the index page.  Left the active stream to its own tab where people can use it there.  Like I said, something I am just trying out to see what can be done with it.

Good....

I think the ''worst'' part of the activity stream is the fact it writes the name before the topic (or any activity) so we are spending much more time to click and read/find that topic in the whole sentence.

Is there a way to disable the +1 and -+ rep buttons under each one?  I think it makes it a little cluttered looking and there won't be much call to use them on that page.

Other than that I think it's another useful option for some users.  I still think I'll use the "View New content" button more though.

Is there a way to disable the +1 and -+ rep buttons under each one?  I think it makes it a little cluttered looking and there won't be much call to use them on that page.

Other than that I think it's another useful option for some users.  I still think I'll use the "View New content" button more though.

I was going to mention it didn't make sense to have those buttons available when you can't see the whole message at all. I would not want somebody to get a thumbs down by accident.