What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy

20x of each Speed Champions cars in separate orders to get as many promos as possible. For better boxes, it's worth paying the extra IMHO. Likely to be sold as sets after EOL.

Guest TabbyBoy
11 minutes ago, Tom J said:

Think speed champions are on the 2 for 15 in Argos, would that not be a better deal?

Unfortunately, it appears that only the likely turkey of the range (the Fiesta) is 2 for £15. I just cannot risk the slightest ding in a box for collectables like this. However, I will consider it for my personal collection. I'm one of those that builds the set as what's the point of staring at a sealed box?

Decided to do a full Kohl’s run across 5-6 stores today.

First store, several ninjago sets at 50% off, and a well hidden mint BB8 for $29.99.

This is like a hidden gem within hidden gems, doesn’t seem like there’s much competition to ****** these up.

Note, wanted to upload receipt but wouldn’t allow me, I’ll try to upload later on my computer once I’m done through all the stores.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Local Kohls had a number of sets 50% and 25% off

70653 @ 50%

76102 @ 50%

75220 @ 50%

60204 @ 50%

41153 @ 25%

I was only able to check a few sets before my daughter let me know it was time to leave. Most sets had discount stickers applied. I scanned a few that were older without discount stickers and they were not discounted, YMMV.

15487004865431832200293151336620.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Purchased within last month or so. All from same Walmart, all 3 sets were bought on separate occasions (so they keep finding them somewhere and putting them on shelf)

$7 chima, $15 hobbit, $9 SW

image.jpg

how did they even figure out how to price these things ?

30 minutes ago, My_own_2_bricks said:

LEGO BrickHeadz Harry Potter Ron Weasley & Albus Dumbledore 41621 @ target

https://www.target.com/p/lego-brickheadz-harry-potter-ron-weasley---albus-dumbledore-41621/-/A-53306401

There were 3 available when I purchased mine.

Whenever I go by a Target the remaing BH boxes were pretty beat up. I'd like to know what kind of condition yours arrive.  good Luck.

Guest TabbyBoy

My 100x Speed Champions cars just arrived, 5 separate orders for 20x each of F40, 488, Camaro, Mclaren & Mustang. The first 18 of each all in factory cartons of 6. Oh... trading cards and pigs with each order too. The MISB condition of these will easily offset the higher purchase price IMHO. No big deal as I had an obscene amount of VIP point to use up.

5 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

My 100x Speed Champions cars just arrived, 5 separate orders for 20x each of F40, 488, Camaro, Mclaren & Mustang. The first 18 of each all in factory cartons of 6. Oh... trading cards and pigs with each order too. The MISB condition of these will easily offset the higher purchase price IMHO. No big deal as I had an obscene amount of VIP point to use up.

Paying rrp on new sets that will likely be on shelf for 18-24 months?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, roxio said:

Paying rrp on new sets that will likely be on shelf for 18-24 months?

I'd rather that than get 30% off a trashed box. 2x in 2yrs suits me just fine ?

I have a lot of VIP points to use up so net cost is about -30% plus whatever I get for that pig and cards.

TIP... Order in 18's as you'll get 3 cartons of 6.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Managed to find a bunch on clearance sets on our main department store's online shop. Guessing they just did a stocktake of their warehouse and found a bunch of spare stuff, so listed it. Mostly just one offs. I purchased probably 80% of what they had left, averaging 45% off everything. Included a few goodies such a Technic Ocean Hauler, Frozen Castles (Got 14, didn't have the guts to buy the full 20 of these they had), an Y-wing, an X-wing, a few A-wings, a few smaller ninjago sets, some DUPLO at 70% off, a few of the less common DC Girls sets, some CITY Jungle stuff and a bunch of Batman movie sets.

Was pretty happy with that - if I'd been an hour earlier I probably would have got another ~10 sets, but I'm pretty happy with the ~60 sets I did buy :)

Should be easy sales when the time comes!