What Lego set did you buy today?

18 minutes ago, krnbk2 said:

Yea it worked, the register was being finicky so they had to manually enter the 20% but they said the coupon will work even though they are on sale.

Huge YMMV. Your cashier/manager was being either extra stupid or extra nice. Mine are usually neither.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, micbelt said:

Worked fine for me on all the sets on clearance, no manual override needed.

We're referring to krnbk2 getting his store to apply the 20% off of non-clearance sets (Republic Frigate and Naboo Starfighter). His store did a manual override for them, which is exceedingly generous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pete411 said:

We're referring to krnbk2 getting his store to apply the 20% off of non-clearance sets (Republic Frigate and Naboo Starfighter). His store did a manual override for them, which is exceedingly generous.

I actually missed that part, buy yes, that's bogus.  I might make the trip for clearance stuff now.

The reading comprehension skills in this thread seem to be non-existent. Myself, krnbk2 and exciter1 are all talking about clearance Lego. The 20% off clearance coupon stacks with the current sale without any manual override. Pseudoty was able to get the 20% off clearance added to non-clearance sets by manager override which is a huge YMMV. Everything will also stack with truth on Thursday if you want to wait and risk it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, micbelt said:

The reading comprehension skills in this thread seem to be non-existent. Myself, krnbk2 and exciter1 are all talking about clearance Lego. The 20% off clearance coupon stacks with the current sale without any manual override. Pseudoty was able to get the 20% off clearance added to non-clearance sets by manager override which is a huge YMMV. Everything will also stack with truth on Thursday if you want to wait and risk it.

You are correct sir. Thanks for the recap. Pseudoty obviously has Jedi mind tricks up his sleeves.

Edited by pete411
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, krnbk2 said:

75096 Sith Infiltrator $59.98 @ TRU minus 20% clearance coupon minus 20% gift card that just popped up = $38.40.

Could have waited til Thursday for an extra $4 on savings but Im impatient lol

Ya I didn't get the clearance coupon but i was happy with 20% off GC plus ****** 1%.

Got Sith Infiltrator ($47.50) and Spider Droid ($19.00). Collection so pretty pleased. These aren't available anywhere except TRU as far as I've found (save ebay).

Although not as good as [mention=61513]Sfcommando14[/mention] magic at TRU but still decent, definitely better than the hard-to-find $45 Target Resistance Troop Transporter. I also tried to get the BOGO 50%, because Lego are play sets, but I encountered strong resistance from the manager.
image.thumb.jpg.195e4d6dfb17ef47dc960bcd91871509.jpg

Was this the plantation one? Was planning to swing by tomorrow. Was there anything left worth value?

I wonder if eBay would care that Jadlam is using "buyer is returning item for a refund" as their reason when cancelling their orders. From what I can see the only other option is "item is out of stock or damaged". Is there no actual option for price mistakes even for huge sellers?