What Lego set did you buy today?

8 hours ago, MinifigW said:

Why grab the Polybags now? They go on clearance for $3 on the 26th. Then $2-1 over the next few weeks after. Investment wise I can't see that as a good move at RRP unless your planning to use them for something.

I grab what I want now and grab what I don't want later.

• Like 6

I bought a lot off of Craigslist for $100.  Includes minifigures and other stuff. 

THe reason I went for it was the two HArry Potter sets.

A knight bus and a Freeing Doby.  All pieces and parts where there except for Lucious MAlfoy's cape. 

Already have the Knight bus sold to a coworker for $60 And he wanted me to put it together, 

So out of pocket I am at $40 with a freeing doby, some mine sets, a space police, a ninjago, some star wars figures and a bunch of other assorted pieces.

• Like 3

Why grab the Polybags now? They go on clearance for $3 on the 26th. Then $2-1 over the next few weeks after. Investment wise I can't see that as a good move at RRP unless your planning to use them for something.

Others had great responses.
And they summarize my position.
Which is, my market is different and I got what I wanted.
I've been searching my town all week and none of my nearby Walmart have these. I'm in Orlando. I grabbed what I Could here. If they show near me, I won't be able to get more than 3 at clearance, if I'm lucky. I'd rather have 15 with an average buy in of 3.75. Than 3 at $1.

And I have other outlets. I typically get a $4 value on minifigs. $4 on small vehicles. So the ninjago and prison plane are no brainers for me. Only got 1 Friends bridge, just for variety in my BL. For the completionists.
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, donbee said:

Others had great responses.
And they summarize my position.
Which is, my market is different and I got what I wanted.
I've been searching my town all week and none of my nearby Walmart have these. I'm in Orlando. I grabbed what I Could here. If they show near me, I won't be able to get more than 3 at clearance, if I'm lucky. I'd rather have 15 with an average buy in of 3.75. Than 3 at $1.

And I have other outlets. I typically get a $4 value on minifigs. $4 on small vehicles. So the ninjago and prison plane are no brainers for me. Only got 1 Friends bridge, just for variety in my BL. For the completionists.

In that case good move. I forgot WM was carrying several semi exclusive ones instead of just generic race cars and stuff.

8 minutes ago, DFBrick said:

I'm very new to the "game" I bought 7 Batman Mr. Freeze Attacks 70901 for ~ $10.59 ea. @ target
Thinking about buying Disney mini figures, any thoughts on the figures?

I really like some of them. Some were released in fewer quantities than others. I bought some extra and thought they were going out of stock... then they reappeared everywhere (in stock online and in stores). As long as I'm buying ones that have parts that I like I don't have much to lose. Nice find on the Mr. Freeze Attacks. I want the Mr. Freeze and am waiting to find it the price that you found it for. 

2 X Lego Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS for around £285 all in from Tesco. Happy to flip one in a couple of months or something and hold onto the other one. I have a feeling these Tesco deals won't be the same every year now. They've probably fell out with Lego and are gonna stop stocking a wide range or something.

• Like 1

LEGO Technic 42039 24 Hours Race Car $65 (after tax) with a slightly damaged box. Seals look intact. I know nothing about it and I am new to large Technic sets. I tried to leave without purchasing it but it seemed like a great deal. According to Brickset it was released in 2015 and retailed at $129.99. Currently Backorder at LEGO shop at home. 

15x Minecraft The Cave from target - 5 orders of 3.  target had it on sale for 11.99- used gift cards to get it down to $11.28 each after tax shipped.  couldn't get the red card/gift card loophole to work today.  oh well, at almost 50% off in my SW PJ's sipping cocoa - i'm ok with it.  Target is now OOS for shipping.  Walmart, TRU, BN,  OOS for shipping.  3rd party on amazon.  still in stock at LEGO Shop at Home usa but its retired in europe and none on the shelves at any of the walmart or targets that i haunt.  still up on jet.com.  hopefully this one gets back to the heights of December 2014 when they were going for $45-50.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, cladner said:

15x Minecraft The Cave from target - 5 orders of 3.  target had it on sale for 11.99- used gift cards to get it down to $11.28 each after tax shipped.  couldn't get the red card/gift card loophole to work today.  oh well, at almost 50% off in my SW PJ's sipping cocoa - i'm ok with it.  Target is now OOS for shipping.  Walmart, TRU, BN,  OOS for shipping.  3rd party on amazon.  still in stock at LEGO Shop at Home usa but its retired in europe and none on the shelves at any of the walmart or targets that i haunt.  still up on jet.com.  hopefully this one gets back to the heights of December 2014 when they were going for $45-50.

you are welcome 

on a serious note , MC Cave was cheaper at target last week with the toys code and proper selection . 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cladner said:

I grabbed another 80 of them from Target this morning.  At $11.99, they should be an easy win.

• Like 1

I don't think they will ever get back to 2014 prices. This was when mine craft was big. There are many different minecraft sets now. My guess is about $30-35. I have a couple

30 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

I don't think they will ever get back to 2014 prices. This was when mine craft was big. There are many different minecraft sets now. My guess is about $30-35. I have a couple

i'm pretty sure Minecraft is still hugely popular.  in June of this year microsoft reported they sell 53,000 copies of Minecraft EVERY DAY and that they've sold 100 million to date which gets Minecraft tied with Tetris as the most popular video game of all time.

At the end of last month, there were 2 days when the entire theme was backordered at LEGO Shop at Home except for the skin packs and the $199 Village set.  no other theme has been as backordered this holiday selling season as much as minecraft.

2014 was the perfect storm with the theme being launched 4 weeks before black friday just in time for bp'ers to hoard them all  without any restocking before the end of January 2015.

given that none of the sets other than The Mine has retired yet, and theme performance is unknown, it's a gamble for sure.  one that i'm willing to take.  at $11 buyin, $30-35 is double your money post fees and shipping.  

hopefully the game's popularity translates into lego profit.

AMAZINGMINECRAFTSTATSGONEWRONGYOUWONTBELIEVEWHATHAPPENNEXTCOMPILATION2016.jpg

Edited by cladner
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

And target hasn't banned you yet for online purchases ?

No...what's the story with you being banned?  Just read a post about it.  I've been hitting Target hard for over a month and have been placing multiple sequential orders for max quantity or buying at 100 copies a clip for sets without purchase limits and haven't had any problems.  I've had a few sets of orders cancelled here and there, but not across-the-board like the hard reseller ban last year.

14 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

I second that guess.  With an $11.99 buy-in pretty broadly available at multiple points during this year and the history of 2014, this set will do well, but it won't set the world on fire. 

26 minutes ago, cladner said:

i'm pretty sure Minecraft is still hugely popular.  in June of this year microsoft reported they sell 53,000 copies of Minecraft EVERY DAY and that they've sold 100 million to date which gets Minecraft tied with Tetris as the most popular video game of all time.

At the end of last month, there were 2 days when the entire theme was backordered at LEGO Shop at Home except for the skin packs and the $199 Village set.  no other theme has been as backordered this holiday selling season as much as minecraft.

2014 was the perfect storm with the theme being launched 4 weeks before black friday just in time for bp'ers to hoard them all  without any restocking before the end of January 2015.

given that none of the sets other than The Mine has retired yet, and theme performance is unknown, it's a gamble for sure.  one that i'm willing to take.  at $11 buyin, $30-35 is double your money post fees and shipping.  

hopefully the games popularity translates into lego profit.

watch out on this one if you haven't sold before ... set weight is 15.5oz so you will get hit to the 2lb mark on shipping.

22 minutes ago, redcell said:

No...what's the story with you being banned?  Just read a post about it.  I've been hitting Target hard for over a month and have been placing multiple sequential orders for max quantity or buying at 100 copies a clip for sets without purchase limits and haven't had any problems.  I've had a few sets of orders cancelled here and there, but not across-the-board like the hard reseller ban last year.

I second that guess.  With an $11.99 buy-in pretty broadly available at multiple points during this year and the history of 2014, this set will do well, but it won't set the world on fire. 

yeah apparently i got spared last year but this year got hit with the "hard ban" i.e. ban is address ban hence can't order online. guest services don't have a clue like @exciter1 mentioned. but managed to get hold of target online purchasing department support and they were like "yup you are banned for violating terms and conditions of target.com policy." they didn't elaborate much but it has to be that its mentioned clearly that target may refuse to sell for "reseller or resell" activity.

i am attributing to 

a. either the quantity purchased during $25 off $100 purchase.. i had 6X orders for 75103 @ 59,99 each... or

b. online to store pickup for #75085 [ this one was to a store with fishy store manager ]

Edited by newbie77

3 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

watch out on this one if you haven't sold before ... set weight is 15.5oz so you will get hit to the 2lb mark on shipping.

won't matter when its hitting $50 this time next year.  plus i always trim my flaps with a box cutter to get it under 2. :P FBM baby.

Edited by cladner