What Lego set did you buy today?

how long would you recommend waiting before a claim is filed? his listing says shipping may take up to two weeks, so i assume i am expected to wait until at least 12/15 to file a claim if I don't receive or hear anything? can a claim be filed sooner if i don't receive any communication after multiple attempts or if i don't receive any tracking information? i am thinking the two week shipping time is just a stall tactic to avoid angry buyers. this sucks...lol.

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it. I am officially now a member of the "sucker for scams" club. I guess I just got caught up in all of the crazy deals going on right now and figured this long time seller was just trying I clear some inventory, but everything you guys have pointed out makes sense and points more and more towards this being a scam. I have been surfing the web all day while watching football and had a case of tunnel vision. At this point I'd say it is 15% legitimate, 85% scam. I'll wait two weeks and file a claim.

One more question...when you file a claim and finally get your money back, how do you receive it? I am assuming through paypal. If that is the case does paypal take a cut of the refund when you make a withdrawal? If so I guess that's fine. I will consider it my penalty for a lesson learned and for not following the oldest advice in the book...if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Not to worry....they will reverse your cc charge.  No fee or charge.  You can email PayPal or ebay and say you suspect a fraud.  I did that once when I fell for one an  realized it the next day.  Emailed PayPal about it, got an email the next day that sale was cancelled as seller and "item" was not located in the US as posted.

All in a matter of 10 minutes.  I received my first negative feedback EVER!!!  After 15 years on EBay.  Said there was a delay in shipment, clearly a FedEx error.  No  feedback about damage to the item or anything.  The seller never messaged me to let me know  there was an issue.  I submitted a report to EBay, so I'm not sure where it goes from here?  Anyone with experience?

Anyway, I won this a few minutes ago, so I hope it goes through.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141130101189?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

All in a matter of 10 minutes.  I received my first negative feedback EVER!!!  After 15 years on EBay.  Said there was a delay in shipment, clearly a FedEx error.  No  feedback about damage to the item or anything.  The seller never messaged me to let me know  there was an issue.  I submitted a report to EBay, so I'm not sure where it goes from here?  Anyone with experience?

Anyway, I won this a few minutes ago, so I hope it goes through.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141130101189?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

i always get dinged on late shipping cause im from hawaii but thats the shippers fault ... try and try to beg buyer to change feedback, otherwise ebay wont do anything cause it isnt an important complaint to them ... good luck ...

just like driving off the lot in a brand new car and find one small ding to ruin it all ...

• Like 1

B&******: Friends Heartlake Vet x2

Did store pickup. BOGO 50% off. Plus 30% off coupon. Hooray!

Just wanted to mention in case anyone hasn't tried this:

Something may be out of stock at BN.com (and only available overpriced from Marketplace sellers), but you can still check if your local store(s) have it in stock. Click on the "Pick up in a store near you" link on the product page and enter your zip. I've had luck finding out that "sold out" products are still available for store pickup. Reserve your item(s) and go get em (preferably with a coupon in hand).

Let's see...

Cargo Train for 134.99

Fallingwater for 74.99

Passenger Train for 90.99

Galactic Titan for 59.49

All from Amazon and I got the free Gund bear - thanks!

I was hoping for a good deal on a TV this Christmas but I will probably wait until Super Bowl time.

I have purchased way to much:

2- Lego chima temples

1- Lone ranger Colby city

3- Ninjago temples

1-Helms deep

3- Pirate ship 

3- Spiderman chase

1- Lego castle getaway

1- lego castle gatehouse

1- Unexpected gatehring

3-lego lone ranger trains

1- lego stage coach

2- Lego AT-TE

2x 79008 Pirate Ship Ambush

4x 79111 Constitution Train

4x 79108 Stagecoach

4x 9468 Vampyre Castle

?x 6857 Dynamic Duo Funhouse (heading over to TRU... :)

My little trip to TRU yielded:

20x 6857 Dynamic Duo Funhouse (BOGO 50% - matched website)

4x 9474 Battle of Helm's Deep (BOGO 50% - matched website)

(Will be looking for a divorce attorney soon...) :shocked:

• Like 2

My little trip to TRU yielded:

20x 6857 Dynamic Duo Funhouse (BOGO 50% - matched website)

4x 9474 Battle of Helm's Deep (BOGO 50% - matched website)

(Will be looking for a divorce attorney soon...) :shocked:

Divorce attorney, yes, but you will be able to buy your future new wife one helluva rock with all the profits from those fun houses! I just ordered eight more myself from a store 25 miles away. My local store is out ( just went and checked). I haven't received my emails yet, but am in no rush and don't feel like heading out tonight anyway. I will pick them up after work tomorrow, and hopefully PM some more when I get there. Now is the time to buy the funhouse, esp at $30 after bogo. There is no way lego or TRU will have any of these left to clearance if anyone is hoping for a better discount down the line. The end should be near as well.
  • Like 1

Divorce attorney, yes, but you will be able to buy your future new wife one helluva rock with all the profits from those fun houses! I just ordered eight more myself from a store 25 miles away. My local store is out ( just went and checked). I haven't received my emails yet, but am in no rush and don't feel like heading out tonight anyway. I will pick them up after work tomorrow, and hopefully PM some more when I get there. Now is the time to buy the funhouse, esp at $30 after bogo. There is no way lego or TRU will have any of these left to clearance if anyone is hoping for a better discount down the line. The end should be near as well.

Go grab ya some Wendy's $10 gift card coupons and get them for $25 each or less with Black Friday coupons stacked as well.

• Like 1

i lost count.  very disturbing

i remember now.

no idea how and where i'm gonna fit these sets once they arrive. hmmm.  maybe my car's trunk? no can't, the lego version of hoffa is already there.

3 Helm's Deep. own 13 now

2 Batcaves.  4 now. i'm not impressed with this set after owning the 2006 original. nevertheless, it should be a decent investment.

3 Jabba's Palace. 8 now plus 3 used.

10 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown. 12 now.

4 Rancor pit. 9 now. if jabba's palace does retire this or next month, this set might not last much longer. "cha-ching"

1 Lone Ranger Train. 7 now