Retiring Soon - open speculation

The two exclusive Simpsons set seem to be retiring soon if anything already almost gone. These are going to be nice collectible pieces since the license agreement is ending. It's a high chance we might not get any more sets from this theme as well. Only downside is both sets are pretty price at clocking in at $200

it has to go sometime.  emazers has categorically stated on numerous occasions that the actual set designer said production of the SH and KEM was over.  like 6 months ago he first posted this.  Currently backordered  at USA LEGO Shop at Home now for 5 days.   I have very low expectations and regret purchasing the 10 SH that I have in my stash, despite being a huge Simpsons fan. I have 5 KEM, 2 from the BN sale earlier this summer.  I am surprised we haven't seen any discounting of SH. 

Edited by cladner

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Tomorrow´s turds at yesterday´s prices maybe? Here TRU had them reduced by 40% and still couldn´t clear them out.

Here's one on display outside my local TRU...

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 21.58.16.png

5 minutes ago, GhostDad said:

Brickpicker.com needs a turd image filter.  I'm not old enough to see poop pics.

In other news, have any sets actually retired this year (gone to sold out status at LEGO Shop at Home) that were not first marked retiring soon on the EU LEGO Shop at Home sites?

You would never see any of Val-E's posts. Is that what you want?

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, GhostDad said:

Brickpicker.com needs a turd image filter.  I'm not old enough to see poop pics.

In other news, have any sets actually retired this year (gone to sold out status at LEGO Shop at Home) that were not first marked retiring soon on the EU LEGO Shop at Home sites?

pretty sure scooby doo and jurassic world went without the tag.  maybe speed champions first wave too?   the whole scooby doo theme is gone from europe LEGO Shop at Home sites.  the only JW set left is a Dimensions pack.

i kept thinking the Louvre was going to retire for some reason.  looks like i was wrong.

Edited by cladner

41 minutes ago, cladner said:

i kept thinking the Louvre was going to retire for some reason.  looks like i was wrong.

According to Brickset, Louvre came out in Aug 2015 so it's a little too soon and I'm sure it's a popular set. Would love to see a "big" version like SOH and Big Ben.

Maybe next year if it follows like Trevi (2 years and out) or not if it follows like its 2014 sister Eiffel Tower set (still going strong).

Edited by grackleflint

If the Delorean is the gold standard of Lego Ideas, does that make Exo suit the turd standard?

Maybe it's a bit too early, but it's kinda worrying to me that Ecto-1 and Dr. Who have very similar supply/demand stats to Exo on bricklink. Wall-E is a lot better by comparison.

17 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

If the Delorean is the gold standard of Lego Ideas, does that make Exo suit the turd standard?

Maybe it's a bit too early, but it's kinda worrying to me that Ecto-1 and Dr. Who have very similar supply/demand stats to Exo on bricklink. Wall-E is a lot better by comparison.

I think the Ecto-1 will do fine, the set sells, hence why it's been out so long, it's already selling above RRP on eBay even though we can still get it from SaH cheaper.

I worry about Dr. Turd, it's been discounted in the UK continually for 6 months, i regret buying the ones i have from Tesco 3-for-2, money would have been better spent elsewhere.

Edited by John82
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

And that only Maze went relatively quietly from SAH.

5 minutes ago, John82 said:

I think the Ecto-1 will do fine, the set sells, hence why it's been out so long, it's already selling above RRP on eBay even though we can still get it from SaH cheaper.

I worry about Dr. Turd, it's been discounted in the UK continually for 6 months, i regret buying the ones i have from Tesco 3-for-2, money would have been better spent elsewhere.

Dr Turd.

• Like 2