Toys R Us BOGO 50% in Store Lone Ranger Train get 2 for $150

emazers

I know there is a Posting for the Toys R US 50% sale, But I went over to the Store and the Lone Ranger Train set is at Retail $99.99 so bought 8 of them $635.92 with tax, so about $79.00 a set not bad, I would of gotten more but that was all they had, will go to a few more stores Monday, Here is the store receipt below.
qxtds9.jpg
317jpfa.jpg

post-7629-0-13485200-1371408988_thumb.jp

I know there is a Posting for the Toys R US 50% sale, But I went over to the Store and the Lone Ranger Train set is at Retail $99.99 so bought 8 of them $635.92 with tax, so about $79.00 a set not bad, I would of gotten more but that was all they had, will go to a few more stores Monday, Here is the store receipt below.qxtds9.jpg317jpfa.jpg

Dang 36$ tax!

Dang 36$ tax!

What is use tax on the Utah tax return?  Does that mean if you buy something on amazon that does not collect a sales tax, that you still have to pay a use tax?  I know for Illinois, they have something similar and although amazon doesn't collect tax, I'd still have to pay sales tax to Illinois either separately or on my tax return.  There are many comments on this website about not having to pay taxes.  I'm not certain that is accurate for many states that have a separate sales and use tax reporting option esp on their tax returns. 

I need to go live in a state with no sales tax.

I think the sheer amount of roads to maintain in Texas, aside from the population, it what drives the tax rate here.

They maintain roads in your part of texas?? Around here they just put up signs. Caution: Enter at your own risk.

8.25 even for things like auto as well??? - o wow, that makes a 60,000 car almost 65,000!!

No, sales and use tax for cars is 6.25% in Texas.

There are plenty of places with sales tax way worse than Texas. 

Keep in mind that you get to deduct state sales tax from your federal taxes.

No, sales and use tax for cars is 6.25% in Texas.

There are plenty of places with sales tax way worse than Texas. 

Keep in mind that you get to deduct state sales tax from your federal tax

Interesting point.  You can claim  either your state income  or state sales tax on federal.  For most of us...income tax blows away sales...so it's not an option..but in states where there is no income tax.......hmmmm.