Star Wars 2013 - Set Reviews

TheOrcKing

Question to the Clone Wars watchers. Is that tank in minifig scale? I never really paid attention but I thought the tanks look bigger in the series.

The Lego version is slightly too small in comparison to the minifigures, but it is pretty close IMO. I've added some pictures of it from Ep. 3 Revenge of the Sith so you compare them with the Lego version.

post-8374-0-33870100-1371085173_thumb.jp

post-8374-0-94902900-1371085183_thumb.jp

Ref: The Tank Droid, will there be much interest in this investment wise? There isn't for me personally. I had the earlier one, 7748, as I got it used cheap, and wasn't that impressed and sold it on. CAGR is barely above zero either. Not one I'm going to look at.

So, who's going to be able to wait until 2014 to buy any new Summer 2013 Star Wars sets?  I like telling myself I will wait and concentrate on EOL and clearance sets until next year.  Will I be able to do it, I doubt it?  I have trouble resisting a good sale on big sets, no matter how new they are.  I like the Republic Gunship, Jabba's Sail Barge, and Ewok Village very much.

I must say I prefer the earlier version (2nd) of this tank droid as it the main centre disc is pre-printed and has fantastic detail to this new one that is just blank. Not to say I won't getting some as I have already pre ordered the entire new range of star wars sets from a local dealer. I am in Australia and got 25% off RRP before our dollar tanked, so happy :)

So, who's going to be able to wait until 2014 to buy any new Summer 2013 Star Wars sets?  I like telling myself I will wait and concentrate on EOL and clearance sets until next year.  Will I be able to do it, I doubt it?  I have trouble resisting a good sale on big sets, no matter how new they are.  I like the Republic Gunship, Jabba's Sail Barge, and Ewok Village very much.

I am going to, but that is easy for me because I am not really a builder.