Login not working outside of forums?

I'm able to login in the forums, but as soon as I navigate anywhere else, my login is not recognized.  For example, I am unable to view my Brickfolio since the site refuses to recognize any login while trying to view that section of the site.

This includes the homepage of the site as well.  I can click to log in, it says it's processing the login, and then when it takes me back to the home page I'm still not logged in.  However, if I click over to the forums, I'm logged in here.

Is anyone else having this problem?

• Like 1

I know, even before the new transition from one site framework to another, the site performance and the general performance of my computer, begins to deteriorate when I have too much "crap" stored in the cache and temporary internet files.  Clearing the cookies solves a ton of issues....

I was having to clear my cookies a couple times a day. Then on Friday I just flat out couldn't log in anymore. After a couple days of that I reset my password (through forgot password)  yesterday and everything has worked fine since.

Yes, resetting the password seems to be another solution.  Clearing the temporary internet files is not a cure all, but in many cases, it helps.  The resetting of passwords seems to have helped as well.  The transition will have some issues and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Terrible isn't it. You creating a brilliant site which is free. Then people wanting it to work all the time...  :sorcerer:

Anyone would think you weren't just doing this for fun :cheer:

Seriously though, thanks for everything. And you respond to support calls much quicker than my company does  :good:

Which reminds me, I have users waiting whilst I have been browsing here.  :laugh:

I think the problem for most are left over cookies, etc from the old site/login forms.  I would search your cookies and just delete any Brickpicker.com cookies.  I can tell the site is working 10000x better because I can see the number of logged in sessions, etc.  So I know its holding for most people.  I also get plenty of reports from people when they try on a new browser that they don't really use that they have no issues logging in or staying logged in.  I don't want people do lose all their cookies and settings, so please search for how to find individual ones and just delete the brickpicker.com ones. I really think that will fix the issues for you.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue except none of these steps fix it. I can login to the forums fine and the forums work fine, but elsewhere it thinks I am not logged in.

If I go to homepage from forums, I am not allowed to see Lego Price guide. If I go back to forums from there, it lets me post just fine. My browser is set to clear all things out on close and I tried the e-mail reset link.

I have the same issue except none of these steps fix it. I can login to the forums fine and the forums work fine, but elsewhere it thinks I am not logged in.

If I go to homepage from forums, I am not allowed to see Lego Price guide. If I go back to forums from there, it lets me post just fine. My browser is set to clear all things out on close and I tried the e-mail reset link.

Also, I was using IE. I just installed Firefox for the first time on this computer and it is the same thing.