Will you seriously 'invest' time in the EC contest

Will you compete?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Will you actively compete in the EC contest

By putting invest in inverted commas I take it your meaning is "will you treat the competition as an investment", time spent for possible profit or reward?  If that's the reason someone is doing it then they aren't really 'investing' wisely.  It takes many hours to properly research and write a decent article and for the hours you would need to spend you could earn way more at a minimum wage paying job as an example.  You could even earn more by spending that time buying and selling Lego sets I suspect.

I'll be writing a couple for the reason that I enjoy doing it, and I'd like to contribute to the content of this site.  I love reading others articles so creating a few seems like decent payback in part.  If I happen to pick up a prize then that is just a bonus, but there a plenty of others that have written way more than I ever could. 

• Like 2

I guess I already did lol. To me it has actually been pretty fun to write the articles, as you really learn something while researching for it. As Grolim, I also wanted to add something of value to the site, and hopefully my articles will help even a a couple people to make better decisions or at least to learn something about themes they usually would not invest in.

• Like 1

I write because I enjoy it. If I didn't, there's no way I would ever get through an article. As Grolim said, it takes hours of thinking, writing, research and editing to complete just one article, but for me it's a way to help Ed and Jeff with the site, and it's a platform to present my work and thoughts on Lego Investing.

Before everyone quickly dismisses Blackjack's poll question, the EC contest really is an investment in the site - the yield is a better, more vibrant website, not a prize.

• Like 1

I predict that what Ed said has something to do with the Classifieds...maybe a free listing for a specific number of written reviews.

You know I don't want to get Jeff mad at me and give too much away, because he is working on this stuff as we speak and he doesn't like to talk about it before it is done.  Let's just say you are on the right track.  Although the current situation is an inconvenience to say the least, I feel the end result will be a very interactive and money saving feature for most sellers, buyers and traders.

The notification for this topic was sent to my spam folder.......coincidence?

Ha.

:banghead:  :suicide:  :punish:

The one 'banging his head against a wall' isn't morbid; it's taken from a common phrase (and goofy). And the one getting the 'Gibbs slap' is pointing someone out for being a dummy or jerk or whatever. Now the one blowing his brains out, eh, that is pretty morbid for typical conversation. I was actually less offended by the feminist emoticon than that or the one that hanged himself.

Members cried that they wanted emoticons and Jeff delivered...and then some. :bbq:

That he did. Thank you again, Jeff. You're the man!

As for the contest, I already wrote my one and am pretty happy about it. I think after this third and soon to be released fourth Series of the Planets line is out for a while, I'll write up another such article for those as well but that is quite a ways away. I certainly learned a lot more than before writing up my article just as well as it taking up an equal amount of time. With so many members each with their great viewpoints, I for one am looking forward to reading all of them more than trying to write up something myself.

I will just be reading them, and maybe submit one just for the heck of it.

It's OK to just do reviews.  That's where I would invest my time if I was you.  Strengthen your position in the review contest,  The articles that have been submitted are very good and I can't wait for the site update to be complete so that people can view them.