Creator 2013 - 2nd Wave sets

Blackjack

Creator to me is all across the board.  I will think some sets are completely stupid, and then a plane or home like you have pictured that I think are great.  That house should do very well, all the retired homes have done very well EOL.  I usually don't like their cars because they aren't made for figures.

Guest ph4tb0i

I like the house and the treehouse, but i feel their planes just aren't as nice as the City ones. Can't wait till Cargo terminal comes out!

I honestly wish they would tie down Creator to some recurring minfig characters. While the idea is to be able to build and rebuild and change your set into different things (really emphasizing the core of LEGO as a product), I don't think that means they have to leave the theme without some pillars. I think they'd do a lot better investment wise if they got a cool cast of minifigs of their own.

• Like 1

I honestly wish they would tie down Creator to some recurring minfig characters. While the idea is to be able to build and rebuild and change your set into different things (really emphasizing the core of LEGO as a product), I don't think that means they have to leave the theme without some pillars. I think they'd do a lot better investment wise if they got a cool cast of minifigs of their own.

I would tend to agree, but that would make Creator no better than City or Friends.  Also, it would ruin the great trucks and planes in this theme to bring them down to minifigure scale.

Totally agree - this would enhance the "Creator" brand as well.  There's no reason you can't build a collectable minifig (not a CMF) into this line as well. 

Guest eightbrick

The house is beautiful (I'm a fan of modern architecture), the others are solid I guess (that said, my opinion is pretty biased because being an architect is my dream occupation  :derisive:)

I said it before soon as images for these came through months ago, that airplane is fantastic and the family house is very nice. Treehouse is just okay but still not bad for $30 although there really isn't much to build for a house or room with the included parts. Heck, I'm not sure if you could build a halfway decent home with four of the Treehouse set.

I said it before soon as images for these came through months ago, that airplane is fantastic and the family house is very nice. Treehouse is just okay but still not bad for $30 although there really isn't much to build for a house or room with the included parts. Heck, I'm not sure if you could build a halfway decent home with four of the Treehouse set.

100% in agreement.  The plane is pretty darn cool and the House is another solid entry.  Treehouse is OK...for 2/3 the price, Olivia's Tree House seems the better deal to me as far as treehouses go. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I like Creator sets, for they offer a good amount of usefull pieces for MOCs for a very reasonable price.

And the ratio (building time)/(price) is maximal with Creator sets.

BTW, the family house has 2 minifigs, andit is the first creator set to have minifigs.

I like Creator sets, for they offer a good amount of usefull pieces for MOCs for a very reasonable price.

And the ratio (building time)/(price) is maximal with Creator sets.

BTW, the family house has 2 minifigs, andit is the first creator set to have minifigs.

Creator sets are really good parts sets overall and I enjoy building all three included designs.

To note, Log Cabin released in 2011 was the very first Creator set with any minifigures. Unless you meant the Family House is the first to include two minifigures which is correct.

I wondered several times what was the definition of "Creator". For me, Creator sets have instructions for 3 models.

But this year, Creator sets are invading the other themes : next Winter Village Market 10235 will be a Creator, just as the Palace Cinema is. They are Creator "expert" though.

Thanks TheOrcKing, but I was plain wrong and forgot about the cabin log...

Don't sweat it. Main reason the Log Cabin sticks out for me is cause I already bought two for myself and wouldn't mind a few more. ^_^

I wondered several times what was the definition of "Creator". For me, Creator sets have instructions for 3 models.

But this year, Creator sets are invading the other themes : next Winter Village Market 10235 will be a Creator, just as the Palace Cinema is. They are Creator "expert" though.

From the looks of things, I think Lego is using the "Expert" subtheme as a way of organizing all their odd designs under one roof as it were. Before, all the Winter Village sets, modular houses, landmarks, etc, were not released under an actual theme. They were just 'released' as is. Now with Expert, they actually have one to fall under. Also for the most part, all the builds being released as Expert sets are more grown up builds all around.

I only just now found the Designer video for the last Creator set in the 2nd Wave, Aviation Adventures. I was looking in the wrong area before. Ah well, here you go. It shows some pretty cool features like a sliding cockpit, room for two minifigures, and a real functioning propellor. (Just watch the vid. ;))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkgahRaRp3w

• Like 1