100th Lego Store grand opening at The Westchester

wholovesboo

FYI ... I arrived at 11:15 am and there were approximately 30-40 people in front of me.  Manager was not nice at  all.  He said that he would provide one grand opening store set per household.  I went back to the store after he went on break to make a second purchase (and get a second grand opening store set).  Rest of the store employees were much nicer, especially the seasoned sales associates from other Lego stores assisting at the grand opening this weekend.

So StarPod, how did you manage to get 25?  :pleasantry:

had som friends in westchester had them wait in line with me :S

I have some more questions for you StarPod. So you had roughly between 12 and 24 other friends of yours wait in line with you (assuming they were allowing 2 sets per customer)? I have a hard time getting two of my friends together to hang out on any give night let alone between 12 and 24 friends to wait online with me at 8am to buy things that they weren't even going to be able to keep. Also, How were you able to transport that number of sets around the mall/to your home? Do you have pictures you can share with us of every set you picked up today in one photo? Here is every set I got at the Freehold opening: 

PRcXmuMh.jpg

• Like 3

I have some more questions for you StarPod. So you had roughly between 12 and 24 other friends of yours wait in line with you (assuming they were allowing 2 sets per customer)? I have a hard time getting two of my friends together to hang out on any give night let alone between 12 and 24 friends to wait online with me at 8am to buy things that they weren't even going to be able to keep.

Maybe he treated them to lunch at PF Chang's? :)

• Like 1

I have some more questions for you StarPod. So you had roughly between 12 and 24 other friends of yours wait in line with you (assuming they were allowing 2 sets per customer)? I have a hard time getting two of my friends together to hang out on any give night let alone between 12 and 24 friends to wait online with me at 8am to buy things that they weren't even going to be able to keep. Also, How were you able to transport that number of sets around the mall/to your home? Do you have pictures you can share with us of every set you picked up today in one photo? Here is every set I got at the Freehold opening:

PRcXmuMh.jpg

ExoBro - Nice choices on your Lego Store purchase, BTW. I like the FB and TB picks especially. Jor-Els and Lego Stores are just icing on the cake! Any of those or building, or strictly for investing?

Eh, I wouldn't say they would be worth a second trip. I just went to the Saturday opening of the Freehold store. So now I thought, since I live close to White Plains, that I would stop in for the minifigures. 

Would you happen to know which minifigure they'll be giving out Sunday (today)?

ExoBro - Nice choices on your Lego Store purchase, BTW. I like the FB and TB picks especially. Jor-Els and Lego Stores are just icing on the cake! Any of those or building, or strictly for investing?

The only sets I kept for investing purposes were the TB, one FB, 4 of the store sets, and the Jor-Els. I completed my personal Superman collection that day and decided to grab some modulars to build over the summer. I was debating whether I should build one of the store sets or not, but I finally did. AND IT IS AWESOME!

I have some more questions for you StarPod. So you had roughly between 12 and 24 other friends of yours wait in line with you (assuming they were allowing 2 sets per customer)? I have a hard time getting two of my friends together to hang out on any give night let alone between 12 and 24 friends to wait online with me at 8am to buy things that they weren't even going to be able to keep. Also, How were you able to transport that number of sets around the mall/to your home? Do you have pictures you can share with us of every set you picked up today in one photo? Here is every set I got at the Freehold opening:  PRcXmuMh.jpg

Actually no. I brought two people with me and we met up with six other people. We got in like once and got 13 of them. Then went back to the end of the line abd waited to get back in the store and got another 12. And I only bought the camel set. Exclusive and was basically free when I sell of the store sets

Actually no. I brought two people with me and we met up with six other people. We got in like once and got 13 of them. Then went back to the end of the line abd waited to get back in the store and got another 12. And I only bought the camel set. Exclusive and was basically free when I sell of the store sets

Like I asked earlier, have any pics? And from what I've gathered, the line got extraordinarily long shortly after opening. How did you wait in line twice?

This is the bonus items I got from the LEGO 100th store on Saturday.

In addition to LEGO store set, they also give me a chrome TC-14, a 100th store brick and a superman poster.

One of my friend also got a R2D2 printed brick, but I did not....

Well, I like the chrome TC-14 a lot more more than Jor-el, so I am happy with my free items.

I also saw people asked for the T-shirt that was given away on Friday and indeed them have found some left and gave few away for the kids in front of me.

So if you are there on Sunday, it may not be a bad idea to ask if there are LEGO store set or t-shirt left.

post-622-0-95355900-1372603588_thumb.jpg

I didn't find it on Brickset, but it's probably similar to the one they gave away for the Elizabeth NJ store. See link below.

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=ELIZABETH-1

Thanks for looking that up...I was just curious. I decided against going back today (figured that 100th brick was going to be my souvenir)...but if anyone wants to post a pic of today's minifigure giveaway, that would be great :)

How about a "Yuppie"? :lol: Interestingly enough, I knew I just saw her torso somewhere and here we go.

cas515.jpg

It's the princess from this years, My First LEGO Princess set.

LOL...maybe they're supposed to be Westchester stereotypes or something.

My daughter has that My First LEGO Princess set. I wanted to see how she'd do with an instruction booklet for the first time. And since we've been on the topic of gender equality all weekend, I thought it was interesting that the princess minifig also comes with a pair of legs, so you can swap out her feminine gown for a pair of black pants.

And since we've been on the topic of gender equality all weekend, I thought it was interesting that the princess minifig also comes with a pair of legs, so you can swap out her feminine gown for a pair of black pants.

I take it those legs are there so the princess could saddle her horse which would mean they are a pair of riding pants. At first I thought it was odd to have a pair of black legs stuck in the pile when the princess has a white gown, but then I had to go and think, "Let me guess, that's what happened to the last guy who tried to ride her horse without permission."