$20 off $75+ and $10 gift card

RogerWilco

Stopped by a nearby TRU today (Redwood City, CA) and they were offering $20 of $75+ for Lego sets that weren't "Hot Price", Castle, or Lone Ranger sets. Boo! But, they also had a $10 gift card for $50+ purchases. The clerk told me they could be stacked.

Unfortunately I was in a hurry, so I didn't have much time to look around. I did notice that they had the Millennium Falcon (7965) for $139.99, which actually seems to be MSRP?? I scanned it and it scanned at 119.99. Combined with the $10 gift card seems like a not-too-shabby deal. I was thinking about going back to grab one tomorrow, as I have been eyeing that set since I saw it and Amazon doesn't seem to ever have it for less than 137 or so...

Stopped by a nearby TRU today (Redwood City, CA) and they were offering $20 of $75+ for Lego sets that weren't "Hot Price", Castle, or Lone Ranger sets. Boo! But, they also had a $10 gift card for $50+ purchases. The clerk told me they could be stacked.

Unfortunately I was in a hurry, so I didn't have much time to look around. I did notice that they had the Millennium Falcon (7965) for $139.99, which actually seems to be MSRP?? I scanned it and it scanned at 119.99. Combined with the $10 gift card seems like a not-too-shabby deal. I was thinking about going back to grab one tomorrow, as I have been eyeing that set since I saw it and Amazon doesn't seem to ever have it for less than 137 or so...

So that would make it 30 dollars off 75 leaving you 45 total.  Savings of 30%?  Not bad for TRU if they didn't markup

I think it actually works out to be 40% off if you can get to exactly $75. Unfortunately TRU never seems to have anything at MSRP, which is why I was surprised that the Falcon was. I know they have some smaller creator sets at MSRP, and some of the larger ones are not too much more (new aviation adventures one is $3 more at $63 and the family house is $5 more at $75). Would've loved to apply it to the LR train, but that is not allowed...