Anyone else try Brickpicker forums on a kindle fire? Problems.

I can load Brickpicker's main site and the forums correctly from my kindle fire. However, I can get the kindle to recgonize the text entry field. A keyboard never pops up when selecting the text entry field, be it a private message, fast reply, or normal post.

Anyone else having this issue?

Jeff is working on solutions for many minor issues since the forum conversion.  The main issue is the LOG ON glitch.  He has multiple people from around the globe working on these issues because the new forum is not in his native computer language, but with anything, it is the weekend, and a lot does not get accomplished at times.  This was a major conversion, with thousands of pages of information and code being transferred, so all doesn't go smoothly.  It will get corrected.

For most people, simply logging out of the main site, closing all windows, then going back to the site and logging in through the forums, solves most issues.  Please be patient.  These minor nuisances will end.  Thanks.

I am using an iPad. It has a few glitches, pre and post the upgrade. For example the graphs on the listings do not show currencies other than USD.

I had the logout and in again issue but I suspect the IOS system was keeping some information in cache memory and when things changed it got confused. But logging out and in agin seemed to have resolved that.

What we need is an app. Jeff's not busy at all is he? ;)

As I have stated previously, many of these issues will be corrected shortly.  Jeff has a solution, but it will take some time and tinkering to implement.  What people need to understand is that with a major forum conversion and upgrade, there are hundreds, if not thousands of lines of code and data that must work in concert with one another.  The new forum and blog features will eventually work very well, but it will take some time. 

The old forums had almost two years of tweaking done to them to make them error free.  This has been two weeks.  If everyone wants more state of the art tools and features, there will be growing pains.  It is better to do this now, then next year when there are twice as many members and forum posts to convert.  

Please don't take my posts as angry. Tone is so hard to convey across the internet via text. I'm merely making sure it's added to "the list" of issues that no doubt is fairly long coming off a major overhaul. What would help is posting a known issues list (if it doesn't exist already) detailing what's critical and what's quality of life level.

The problem isn't just the login. I can't enter -any- text -anywhere- because trying to tap any text entry fields does nothing. I'm on a regular Kindle Fire. I can't post, PM, quote...nothing. Tapping the field does nothing where it should prompt the keyboard to come up.

Have you tried it on a desktop/laptop? These are not problem free but you should be able to post. I am sure Jeff is working on fixing the issues as soon as possible. But he will be concentrating on getting it fixed for access via a normal browser, hopefully that will fix most of the tablets issues. Then we can hassle him about him about an app ;)

Brickpicker works on other mobile devices it seems. My crappy, super old phone can even run it and post on it (where I am posting from now).

The kindle fire just gives no response when tapping or attempting to select any text entry field anywhere on the forum.

I suspect it just can't translate the text box from the desktop version of the forum. On my phone I can access the mobile version, but my Kindle Fire cannot, so I can't know if that version would work.