Fry's Electronics carries Lego

If you have a Fry's near you, it's worth checking out their Lego isle.  I stopped in tonight and swooped up 3 Vampire Hearses for 24.99, and 3 Mad scientist sets for 39.99. No GT's or VC's though... Nothing mind blowing, but cheaper than Amazon right right now if you don't want to risk waiting for them to go on clearance somewhere or don't get clearance sales.  I'm hoping the hearse will be one of the better performing small sets from MF after EOL.  It's a cool little set.

As a side note, they also had one city set 4441 so I picked it up too.  Retail price of course, but all the forest city stuff seems to be doing quite well.  Wish I picked up more robber's hideouts :(

They also had TONs of AC motherships and Kingdoms carriage ambush.  Weird mix of long retired and new stuff on the shelf.

We have one Fry's in the entire city of Austin, but it's at the other end of the city and I didn't even know they sold toys. Not gonna drive out there just for that, but if I'm in the area I'll stop and report what I see. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that Fry's has some items on sale/clearance for in-store pick-up. Their website makes it pretty easy to see which locations have what in stock and to then reserve it for store pickup.

For example:

The Republic Frigate (7964) for $60 (Available in Duluth, ***)

The Malevolence (9515) for $80 (Available in a few places in CA and WA)

Weathertop (9472) for $40 (CA, AZ, WA, TX, ***)

etc...

Nothing super spectacular, I suppose, but I am planning on picking up a couple of Weathertops and some others, if I can make it over there this week.

What type of store is a Fry's? I've never seen one before.

If you are a techie, it is a home away from home. At least it used to be for me when I was building systems. It has computers, audio/video, home appliances, books, DVD's/Blu-Rays, etc... pretty much anything with a circuit board (including washers and dryers, etc...)

Lots of good memories at Fry's..........

• 2 months later...

Hello all!

Just reviving this because I have a friend who used to work at Fry's.

Since I'm back into collecting/investing and he is interested as well, he told me that BF is the best day to go in and pick up all the Lego sets possible.

Also, the website usually has higher prices than the stores or vice-versa, so price match the lowest price if you go to the stores.

Let's keep the updates here because I have two stores near me, which we will be checking tonight and throughout the month to validate deals, sales and clearances.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...