Ninjago 2014

TheOrcKing

The Official LEGO Ninjago Facebook Page has posted a new poster featuring General Cryptor.

I told you guys! What did I say when we saw the "Ninjago will return" teaser poster from before the start of the year?

Ninjago is going futuristic Nindroid, baby! :ninja:

Looks like a winner to me..

Couldn't agree more. This is the new fresh start it needed. I think the 'temporary absence' of Ninjago was a good thing to come out with something like this....and it's only the beginning. :yahoo:

These remind me of past Ninjago builds, so no suprise.  I do like the Nindroids we see in the pictures, and there's something refreshing about Ninjas with zany hairdos instead of hoods.  I like the handkerchief face cover too.

I agree the builds aren't much to write home about...

So one no else likes the sets? Good, more for me. :P Kai Fighter looks like a shinobi version of the Gradius spaceship and the Thunder Raider also appears like something from a video game. They really are pushing the usage of that pearl gold Samurai Mech blade piece though. The only character I am not seeing is Zane, the original Nindroid. Wait, don't tell me they are going to do the wierd "flung in the future with their friend now turned enemy controlling everything in a perfect utopia of his own making" storyline.

Guest eightbrick

As comicblast said the fighter isn't bad... but the rest of the line seems like a disappointing techno-Exo-Force attempt, which by the way was miles better than this line. Count me out for all of them save the Kai fighter... sigh why do they always give him the best vehicles? lol (Bike, Mech, and now Jet?)

Guest eightbrick

I think they may be better than last years, with the exception of the Golden Dragon.

That's true I guess. The Samurai Bike, Garmadon, and the Light Temple just seemed so mis-matched.

The box art seems cool and kids will definately be attracted to the visualy stimulating boxes plus ninjas with cool vehicles fightning cyborg robot ninjas...Come on..Winning... Should be a hit. Lego also seems to be producing these themes in larger numbers due to their success and we probably wont see product shortages like Lloyd Spinners etc again until they are put on sale and EOL.

So one no else likes the sets? Good, more for me. :P Kai Fighter looks like a shinobi version of the Gradius spaceship and the Thunder Raider also appears like something from a video game. They really are pushing the usage of that pearl gold Samurai Mech blade piece though. The only character I am not seeing is Zane, the original Nindroid. Wait, don't tell me they are going to do the wierd "flung in the future with their friend now turned enemy controlling everything in a perfect utopia of his own making" storyline.

It looks like a poor man's version of 9442:

brickpicker_set_9442-1_3.jpg

I bet the storyline is Zane baeing flung to "the past", saved something / someone? to cause a dystopian present day where cyborgs / nindroids rule the land :P

I dig the new "classic ninja" face mask and hair though.. Now where is my brown ninja ? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess this was available on the TRU website earlier today and qualified for the 20% off.  I'd say it would be a good flip for Christmas 2013.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=28879636&cp=2255956.2273442.2255962.3696486.11161920&parentPage=family

:blink: ....You're kidding me. I don't know which part surprises me more. The fact they have the set listed and possibly available in certain locations or the fact it is listed for (what I believe to be) actual retail.