At what price would you buy the Iron Patriot polybag?

I`d like to get one as well. Don`t want to bother with the game, as I don`t play video games period.

Not sure whether or not taking one, or several, from an employee would consitute stealing. It depends how it`s done, if they take it without asking then absolutety it is theft. If there are left-overs, that may be a different story.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it depends on the distribution. How many people would preorder the game, as opposed to how many figs the store would get. I'd suggest there would be a lot more people who just buy the game regardless of the fig, or have no idea unless it is heavily advertised. As such there could be a mass amount of spares left over. It is the same scenario as the Elrond fig though. When people have 20 or so, you know something is up. They are either clever, lucky, or shifty....

This being "ethical" depends on several factors I guess. My job has jaded me because I see the absolute worst in people on a nightly basis so I just assume his inside man would be stealing them from the inventory.

You are probably right...

Speaking of the worst, I tried to buy a bunch of Elrond figs off bricklink awhile ago. The guy had 20 odd, and then wanted to charge me $80 for express international freight ( his "only" freight option internationally). It was bad enough he probably got most of the figs for free, but to scalp that badly on shipping was worse.

Every time we have a discussion about the ethics of Lego investing, I start looking toward the exit. Seriously, dude, if you want the 120 bucks so bad, at least wait to see if there are leftover figs you could have. Won't someone please think of the children?!? lol Simpsons.

I think these are going to do really well. The Bilbo figure that was included with Combo packs of the Hobbit movie from target are going for $25 or more. And you could walk into Target and buy that combo pack until supplies ran out. The combo pack as less than $25 to purchase with tax. On the other hand the game is $50 plus tax. Not to mention this figure looks amazing and unlike the other similar figures where as the Biblo figure is really only slightly different than ones found in the sets. Some of the figures that have come free with DVDs and combo packs like the Han shorty from Padawan Menace are going for around $5-10 even though you can find the whole combo pack with the figure for $10-15 on amazon!

getting back on topic and completely ignoring all this ethic crap.... I personally think this is the coolest most worth while poly bag lego has ever released.... its a shame you can only get it with the purchase of a 60$ video game... which many will not buy multiples of to just obtain the poly bag.... I really think this will reach $50 a pop just because there are very limited means of getting them... Also the children who do receive these probably will just end up opening it and losing it... Stuff to think about... As for me im gonig to every store that offers this promotion to see if i can get some left overs :D

This thread seems to of have exploded overnight! I just want to clarify one thing. I will be picking them up once everyone has received their copy of the game and the bonus it comes with! You think I would walk in the day it happened take all the figs and leave... well I should have been more specific. If I did that my cousin would probably get fired!

• 3 weeks later...

getting back on topic and completely ignoring all this ethic crap.... I personally think this is the coolest most worth while poly bag lego has ever released.... its a shame you can only get it with the purchase of a 60$ video game... which many will not buy multiples of to just obtain the poly bag.... I really think this will reach $50 a pop just because there are very limited means of getting them... Also the children who do receive these probably will just end up opening it and losing it... Stuff to think about... As for me im gonig to every store that offers this promotion to see if i can get some left overs :D

I agree. I think this is going to go even higher. The Clark Kent that came with the recently released Batman Dvd or Blu-Ray combo pack is going for upward to $20. The Bilbo figure from the Target combo pack of the Hobbit is going for $35. And those figures are not as unique as the Iron Patriot is from the other similar figures and you have to buy a product that's at least $50 to get one with a limit of 2. That's much more limited.

I like War Machine more.  I would pay 10.00 for the Iron Patriot.  I'm sure it will float and settle around 25.00 for a long time.  Paying more than 20.00 for any video game doesn't seem right.  Lego games usually drop to 20.00 in not too long.

I like War Machine more.  I would pay 10.00 for the Iron Patriot.  I'm sure it will float and settle around 25.00 for a long time.  Paying more than 20.00 for any video game doesn't seem right.  Lego games usually drop to 20.00 in not too long.

I agree, the games fall pretty quickly. Have you played the LOTR game? It was much better than the others. I think the dialog helped a lot. It was way like playing through the movies. I believe the Batman 2 is the same way.

I agree, the games fall pretty quickly. Have you played the LOTR game? It was much better than the others. I think the dialog helped a lot. It was way like playing through the movies. I believe the Batman 2 is the same way.

Lol, is Lego LOTR down to 20.00?  I think it is, maybe I should be picking that up soon.

The thing is will they be giving away the figs with the game later on down the track or is it just preorders?

I guess it depends on the quantity of pre-orders but it's not like the DVDs like Batman, Padawan Menace, & Empires Stikes out where every one comes with a figure.

I just don't think they will have made a ton of them. I think its going to be comparable or better than the Bilbo in Target Hobbit Combo pack.

Do your cousins work at a regular store?  I emailed Walmart about the preorder and they responded that it is only available online.  When I ordered mine, there was no option for in-store pick-up, so there's no reason why the stores would have any of the polybags if you have to have them shipped to your home from the site.