What's the lowest price on Helms Deep that will make you bite?

There's still a ton of Walmarts with 4-6 a piece at full retail. When they come down to first or second stage clearance, no one is safe.

True. This will be among the first sets to sell.

Anyone check if Entertainment Earth still have them? That was a good BOGO deal.

My suggestion is to pickup a few from Amazon just in case. Use their Chase credit card to save a little. I think Target also has a 60 day return policy with Red Card purchase.

Since I don't buy internationally...I jumped on the first decent sale (28% off CAN retail on Amazon.ca) and picked up a few thanks to Canadian poster viking.  Haven't seen any other discounts in Canada for a long time except for 20% off.  Obviously not the cheapest but I didn't want to miss out since I want one for personal collection.  No stock at any local Walmart's I've been too and so forget about 'clearance' prices.  Didn't want to get caught having to pay FULL CAN retail which would be a bummer or have to buy/trade for one from another investor.  Now that I have a few HD's...here's hoping it will be EOL/no more retail stock by Nov/Dec :)        

I try to play lowest risk investing. My rule is I set a price for a set that I think if it never grew again, I could get the majority of my money back 97-100%. For instance, if a set is usually hovering around $150, I'll buy it for $125 as I can make my money back if its a flop.

Helms Deep my price is ~100. For it, I bend the rule to ~105 because I think its a pretty safe bet.

• 1 month later...

I saw one left on clearance for 30% off. I'm praying it makes it until Thursday so I can get it for 50% off. The fact that everyone thinks this will do incredibly well scares me a little.

I hope it does but I wouldn't count on it. This set is a winner and will be just like Harry Potter's Castle in two years - 4842. You will make $100 off of it easy.

The low income Walmart/Target store already marked those down.  I'm assuming the others will be kept at full prices for Xmas.  Target started to restock their shelves full force today for the fall.  Walmart will be following suit with the Lego summer set soon.  I doubt Target will be marking down again until their typical late Nov markdowns.  If you see them off MSRP or below the Amazon 113 prices point, I'll pick them up.

Watch this time next year there will be alot of people saying why didn't I get more of these, This set is looking just like the harry Potter Castle that was at about $115 this time last year, and how many of you guys missed the boat on the Castle, at 54 helm's deep I am looking to get a few more, so don't wait forever. $113 at Amazon is still a good deal.

Helm's deep was still there today @ 30% off. We'll see if it makes it until Thursday...

Some mom was there and she had a heroic heroes of the deep spongebob set 3815 for 50% off. I noticed it in her cart and was flabergasted that this set was able to evade me for the past week (I've been there 4 time since last week because it's only 2 blocks away) at one point she kept taking the set out of her cart, holding it in her hands, and looking back and forth between that, and some iron man action figure that was also on clearance. My heart was pounding (kind of pathetic but I love spongebob). Eventually she decided to go with the lego set and my heart sank. Oh well at least helm's keep was still there. Maybe it'll make it a couple of more days so I can pick it up for 65. I have debated taking the clearance sticker off of it, but that'd ruin the anxious fun and may look weird.

Helm's deep was still there today @ 30% off. We'll see if it makes it until Thursday...

Some mom was there and she had a heroic heroes of the deep spongebob set 3815 for 50% off. I noticed it in her cart and was flabergasted that this set was able to evade me for the past week (I've been there 4 time since last week because it's only 2 blocks away) at one point she kept taking the set out of her cart, holding it in her hands, and looking back and forth between that, and some iron man action figure that was also on clearance. My heart was pounding (kind of pathetic but I love spongebob). Eventually she decided to go with the lego set and my heart sank. Oh well at least helm's keep was still there. Maybe it'll make it a couple of more days so I can pick it up for 65. I have debated taking the clearance sticker off of it, but that'd ruin the anxious fun and may look weird.

Aha! I was about half way through your post and I was envisioning a conclusion that involved you walking away with the set and both the mom and the kid sprawled out on the ground behind you moaning and groaning from the beat down you just gave them. You show excellent restraint! Nice job!

• Like 1

HD was the first purchase I made from Amazon UK. After the exchange rate, it worked out to be about $116.xx. Not the best price when compared to what some of you guys are finding, but definitely a lot cheaper than buying it Canada. I wish I had ordered two though - I'm itching to open it and build because it looks like an amazing set. I tried to get one for cheap on ebay but keep getting outbid! grr.

I would take any I can find under retail.  If I saw one for 30% off I would have that at the checkout faster than you can say.....well, can't think of anything right now, but i'd be fast.

I only know of a few left in town, and they are all retail right now, plus the ones at TRU for like $160, I don't count those.

I finally saw it clearanced at Walmart for $89 but empty shelf! So sad. I might just have to pick one up for $113 at Amazon. 

I'm a small time investor so even though I know it will sell well in a year or so I just can't afford more than one, maybe two.

Wish I could stock away 54 like emazers.

I finally saw it clearanced at Walmart for $89 but empty shelf! So sad. I might just have to pick one up for $113 at Amazon. 

I'm a small time investor so even though I know it will sell well in a year or so I just can't afford more than one, maybe two.

Wish I could stock away 54 like emazers.

Entertainment Earth - go to entertainmentearth.com and buy two for 97.50 a piece. No tax.

This set is looking just like the harry Potter Castle that was at about $115 this time last year, and how many of you guys missed the boat on the Castle

That's mainly because a whole lot of people weren't into Harry Potter LEGO's, or even LEGO's in general last year. I know I can speak for others when I say that HP was not on my LEGO priority list.

I was all set to buy another one of these at $89 at Walmart that I found via the Walmart app.  Went to the store and they had not one, but two left.  However, one of the boxes had clearly been opened and re-taped shut, so a definite no on that one.  The other one had a box that was in bad shape but still sealed.  I know others have said the box condition doesn't make much difference, but I decided to pass anyway.  I may regret it later, but I'd like the boxes I get to at least be in decent shape.