Petiton to reissue the Cafe Corner

Let me clarify: I don't really take time out of my day to whine about Lego sets i missed. But I do think it sucks when someone says, "Gosh it would be cool if everyone who wanted that retired set could get one for its original price," and everyone here says "hahaha no!" Maybe it's because I'm a builder first and an investor second, or maybe I'm just soft. But I can sympathize with people who, like me, will never convince their wives that a MF is worth 2500. To put it bluntly, I don't care about the sanctity of your collection. If you love Lego then you want to share it with everyone, regardless of when they joined the party.

I always thought my cash is mine to do with whatever I want...

If anyone has to convince your wife what you can buy with their own money thats a fail already :D

I have hobby money separate and I put it aside as long as I want to buy something and no force on earth (apart from death itself) can stop me from buying a set whatever value ...

I am sure people want to share their LEGO with everyone regardless when they joined the party, just latecomers pay premium price to join the party when cheap sits were taken.

Noone can get everything they wanted, but everyone who can afford LEGO can eventually buy CC IF they want it bad enough, sure they will get less other LEGO but they will get CC

I am a builder first investor 2nd, but I think thats fair game to us all...

I was not even born back in 1982 and I want 1 set from that time, and I dont even think for a minute to open a ridiculous request like the linked request was...

If LEGO wants to reissue sets, then they should be a huge improvement over the original, say the new Jabba's Palace for instance. The new X-Wing, while slightly improved from the original, should have been never built. It's been there, done that. I know people will say it's for the new LEGO fans and that's true, but there are just so many other sets that could be designed and sold. A new Cafe Corner is also not necessary IMO. The first version was kind of tacky and did not represent any cafe I ever saw. I guess its gaudy exterior is one reason some people like it, but I would rather see another iconic modular be built, like a bank or hospital.

If LEGO wants to reissue sets, then they should be a huge improvement over the original, say the new Jabba's Palace for instance. The new X-Wing, while slightly improved from the original, should have been never built. It's been there, done that. I know people will say it's for the new LEGO fans and that's true, but there are just so many other sets that could be designed and sold.

A new Cafe Corner is also not necessary IMO. The first version was kind of tacky and did not represent any cafe I ever saw. I guess its gaudy exterior is one reason some people like it, but I would rather see another iconic modular be built, like a bank or hospital.

I don't mind them remaking the X-Wing or sets from a series that has been massively successful for them. They have to make money, and sometimes recycling a successful idea works.

I agree with the Cafe Corner. It is a great set, but there are so many others to be done. They need to make a hotel also, with a butler out front.

Guest ph4tb0i

Oh dear I don't deserve to play with Lego :(

Now you do because you know who he is.. :)

He's the Lead for the Creator Expert Line. /*insert Troy McLure voice*/ He created such awesome sets as Emerald Night, Horizon Express, Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, and Pet Shop.

This petition is rather cheesy (and not the good kind), and I love how pretty much all the "Reasons" people are supporting it is because they have all the other modular houses except for Cafe Corner and are not willing to pay secondary prices. I'm not reading anything about "yeah, Lego should re-issue Cafe Corner cause kids despartely need creativity!" or some such nonsense. I'm not trying to sound harsh but the truth is there is a window of opportunity for everything and if you missed that the first time around no one can help you. No store is going to hold an item indefinately so you can purchase it whenever you feel like it. Why do you think they call them collectibles? I'm not willing to pay $1,000 for a Cafe Corner, so guess what? I won't buy a Cafe Corner for $1,000. Stick me with a fork, I'm done.

I was bored and looking through the petitions.......80% of them are ridiculous.

You're not kidding. You got my curiosity with the original petition website and after a quick search using the keyword "lego" I've found a whole bunch of odditites.

Tell LEGO to stop selling out girls! #LiberateLEGO

Everyone remember this one? Further search on the site shows a large number of other petitions created to petititon this petition! Have I just blown your mind?! :wow:

Lego: Take the Sexist Street Harassment Out Of Your Stickers

......Really? :shut:

Lego: make the prices of lego in Australia equal to the lower prices in the us.

This one I can agree with. I think it is bloody ridiculous how much more people in Australia as well as other countries have to pay. It's absurd!

And here is one that is not Lego related; I just happen to come across it.

Let Girls Play Football! Stop the Discrimination by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia CYO Office

I was thinking about it a little bit before but I realize that I'm never seen any woman play football really. I guess it is a rough sport and more typical for guys to beat the hell out of each other but that hardly is a reason for females to not play at all.

I'm not trying to sound harsh but the truth is there is a window of opportunity for everything and if you missed that the first time around no one can help you. No store is going to hold an item indefinately so you can purchase it whenever you feel like it. Why do you think they call them collectibles? I'm not willing to pay $1,000 for a Cafe Corner, so guess what? I won't buy a Cafe Corner for $1,000.

Stick me with a fork, I'm done.

Agreed. I just got back into collecting a few months ago, so I've been feeling the sting of missing the boat on quite a few sets. I had to really sit down and think about whether it was worth it to spend the cash on a retired set I really liked. Should I re-buy the Castle Forestmen sets I had as a kid and loved so much? I decided to do it, and spent accordingly. I liked the POTC ships too...should I pay double MSRP on ebay for them? Nah....I let those ships sail (sorry, bad pun). But the point is I picked what I really wanted and bought it, and some investor profitted off of me as a result. Oh well. I decided I didn't want a Queen Anne enough to pay the 200, so I'm done. This guy wants to have his cake and eat it too.

If I were this guy I would just buy the parts for it. There's nothing really that exclusive about these modular sets anyway. I actually bought Cafe Corner for my wife when it came out, and honestly, except for how huge it was, it didn't really impress me. I wish I had kept it boxed up so I could have sold it later. Ah well...