Jurassic Park/World 2024

brickvoyeur

According to the retirement list, a lot of the Dominion movie sets are on their way out (and probably some places like Target and Walmart wont have many left after Black Friday.  I've been scooping up some for personal collection and investments with Targets recent discounts.   Pretty much sapped all the trex and atrociraptors sets in my city.

Here's the retirement list.  

Edited by fossilrock

26 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

According to the retirement list, a lot of the Dominion movie sets are on their way out (and probably some places like Target and Walmart wont have many left after Black Friday.  I've been scooping up some for personal collection and investments with Targets recent discounts.   Pretty much sapped all the trex and atrociraptors sets in my city.

Here's the retirement list.  

Several of those didn't move very well at 30% - 50% off at Walmart earlier in the Summer. 76948 was also cleared out for $35 at a few locations I frequent.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Several of those didn't move very well at 30% - 50% off at Walmart earlier in the Summer. 76948 was also cleared out for $35 at a few locations I frequent.

$35 is a good value.  I think even 68 is a good value for the trex and atrociraptor set.    They probably wont make Atrociraptors again, so those should hold the value of 76948.  My city targets no longer have this set in stock and I haven't seen them in the walmarts i go to.   I do think they've made Rexy a little too many times though, and he's in the Jurassic Park set this year.  However, the Fallen Kingdom version of the T Rex goes for over 150 NIB on amazon.  The first Jurassic World movie with the trex tracker version a little over 189.00 NIB.   I think this one will get somewhere near the 150 mark down the line, if they dont make atrociraptors again.  I also think the other dominion sets are good at current discounts, and hopefully many will be out of stock by black friday and these sets will sail off into retirement.  I dont think they have much lined up for 2024, other than 2 sets.  So, this theme could take a hiatus if theres no more content.

Edited by fossilrock

11 hours ago, fossilrock said:

$35 is a good value.  I think even 68 is a good value for the trex and atrociraptor set.    They probably wont make Atrociraptors again, so those should hold the value of 76948.  My city targets no longer have this set in stock and I haven't seen them in the walmarts i go to.   I do think they've made Rexy a little too many times though, and he's in the Jurassic Park set this year.  However, the Fallen Kingdom version of the T Rex goes for over 150 NIB on amazon.  The first Jurassic World movie with the trex tracker version a little over 189.00 NIB.   I think this one will get somewhere near the 150 mark down the line, if they dont make atrociraptors again.  I also think the other dominion sets are good at current discounts, and hopefully many will be out of stock by black friday and these sets will sail off into retirement.  I dont think they have much lined up for 2024, other than 2 sets.  So, this theme could take a hiatus if theres no more content.

There is also the 5 original JP sets 76957-61  released in 2023, with 2 of them currently scheduled for eol 2024 and other 3 eol end 2025

On 11/7/2023 at 6:38 AM, roxio said:

There is also the 5 original JP sets 76957-61  released in 2023, with 2 of them currently scheduled for eol 2024 and other 3 eol end 2025

Do you know which sets are going to be going next year?  I definitely want to invest and hang on to the 2023 Jurassic Park movie sets before they are retired, even though 3 of 4 sets are dino rehashes, the minifigures in the sets were well thought out.  Already, some of those sets are seeing discounts at walmart.  

21 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Do you know which sets are going to be going next year? 

Jurassic Park 76956 T. rex Breakout Dec 31, 2023
Jurassic World 76943 Pteranodon Chase (4+) Dec 31, 2023
Jurassic World 76945 Atrociraptor Dinosaur: Bike Chase Dec 31, 2023
Jurassic World 76947 Quetzalcoatlus Plane Ambush Dec 31, 2023
Jurassic World 76948 T. rex & Atrociraptor Dinosaur Breakout Dec 31, 2023
Jurassic World 76950 Triceratops Pickup Truck Ambush Dec 31, 2023
Jurassic Park 76957 Velociraptor Escape (4+) Jul 31, 2024
Jurassic Park 76958 Dilophosaurus Ambush Dec 31, 2024
Jurassic World 76946 Blue & Beta Velociraptor Capture Dec 31, 2024
Jurassic World 76949 Giganotosaurus & Therizinosaurus Attack Dec 31, 2024
Jurassic World 76951 Pyroraptor & Dilophosaurus Transport Dec 31, 2024
Jurassic Park 76959 Triceratops Research Dec 31, 2025
Jurassic Park 76960 Brachiosaurus Discovery Dec 31, 2025
Jurassic Park 76961 Visitor Centre: T. rex & Raptor Attack Dec 31, 2025
Jurassic World 76944 T. rex Dinosaur Breakout (4+) Dec 31, 2025
Jurassic World 76963 Baby Dinosaur Rescue Centre Dec 31, 2025
Jurassic World 76964 Dinosaur Fossils: T. rex Skull Dec 31, 2026

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rlYfEXtNKxUOZt2Mfv0H17DvK7bj6Pe0CuYwq6ay8WA/edit#gid=215920688

this is the list that has been the most accurate now going back for a while and you can see so retrospectively by looking at all monthly updates that they do and then leave up month after month year after year. 

personally, from recent selling, dinosaurs are not hot 

any one of the shortish lived star wars sets that are retiring or virtually any set that has a darth vader minifigure will handily outperform the dinos at comparable buyin.  you also have to remember there was an msrp bump up on 76948 T. rex & Atrociraptor Dinosaur Breakout originally had msrp of $80at release but then got price bumped to $100 - waay overpriced.  so the real msrp is $80, not $100.  don't get hood winked buy these at $70 30% off .  the real msrp is $80 and then during post covid mania they thought they could get away with $100 and jacked the msrp 25% to $100 (buzzer sound) aug 2022 - .  

via brrickeconomy

Set Facts

• The set's minifigures include Owen Grady, Claire Dearing, Rainn Delacourt and Soyona Santos. Owen is identical to several of his other appearances, including 75938 Jurassic World T. Rex vs Dino-Mech Battle. Both Rainn and Claire appear in identical forms in other Jurassic World Dominion sets.
  • The price of the set was increased from $79.99 to $99.99 RRP in August 2022.
  • T. rex & Atrociraptor Dinosaur Breakout was designed by LEGO designer Woon Tze Chee.
Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

Cladner thanks for the info.  I personally plan on bundling all the dominion sets and sell them that way about 5 years from now. Im only buying 3 bundles worth of the dominion sets so im not going too deep.  Im having doubts we will see much more of a discount on the trex set or any of these sets.  Trex is already out of stock in the walmart and targets around my area. 

I sold quite a lot of bundles of the original movie sets and Jurassic World remains my second most profitable theme after architecture.

• Like 2