LEGO Masters - Season 4

TheOrcKing

Season 4 just aired its first episode a couple days ago which was boat themed with some fun builds. This time around the grand prize (aside from cash) is the winning design will become an official LEGO set. I do not recognize anyone in the current lineup other than Christopher from DuckBricks. Looking forward to watching the upcoming challenges in store and seeing the sparks of creativity fly.

• Like 3

My wife, whom doesn't care to build Lego, can not wait for the next episode.  She was pretty disappointed when she found out we couldn't binge the kitty one right after watching the season opener with our kids. 

Also... that 1st team to get the boot really dropped the ball.  1,000's of applicants and they made it?  ouch to the people who are in charge of finding quality teams to compete

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 12:21 AM, LegoMan1212 said:

My wife, whom doesn't care to build Lego, can not wait for the next episode.  She was pretty disappointed when she found out we couldn't binge the kitty one right after watching the season opener with our kids. 

Also... that 1st team to get the boot really dropped the ball.  1,000's of applicants and they made it?  ouch to the people who are in charge of finding quality teams to compete

I feel bad for them to struggle that rough right out the gate only to just barely make an attempt at a passing grade. Being creative in one's own time is one thing, trying to come up with a complete concept on the fly under a time crunch is another. I know I could not expect myself to be genuinely creative under pressure.

Anyway, checking the schedule the "catisode" should be later today. :cat:

• Like 1

Some cute builds for the Catropolis episode (even the three tree ones). Team Duckbricks out with another spectacular design. Both of the top builds were good, a tossup either way. The bottom two between one with proper scale but lacked structural integrity whereas the other was structurally safe yet lacked size.

The unstable design suffered the usual of putting an original together. Looked nice but no touching. I know people who have rebuilt their design maybe four times over in an effort for better cohesion instead of worrying the thing falls apart just from looking at it. Their overall design built in sections was fine if they had some idea of connectivity to begin with. Most of the other teams used an amount of Technic in their own. Even so, it seemed fairly flimsy altogether.

And must have made more of an impression because I can barely recall the other of the bottom builds. At least not well enough to comment on that one properly. Perhaps that is a reason as to why the judges sent that team home.

I imagine decisions in who goes home first can sometimes boil down from "which team met the most criteria" to "which team may have the most potential going forward". (And perhaps "which team left a better presence or impression" as I alluded to earlier.)

Definitely, the show should almost always try to keep the best around. 

For that I go back to a Star Wars episode that was in season 1 where they did large diorama's where two teams knocked it out of the park, while the team that ended up winning the season, their build was not great at all (the Hoth creation).  I have no doubt the producers were thinking, we have to keep this team around cause we can't have the two teams left compete as one team is not nearly as good as the other.

Can't wait for next week.  So nice to have a show away from youtube where my kids want to sit and watch it with me.

• Like 2