Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - June 2013

TheOrcKing

Thanks goes to brandon90820 for posting the link to the June 2013 calendar on Toys N Bricks.
There is a PDF file in the link that shows the store calendar in its entirety which is too big to load onto this post.

Here's the list of promotions.

June 1 - Games "Legends of Chima" (50006) available at Shop-at-Home and Lego Stores.
June 4 - free Montly Mini Model Build Fisherman at a Lego Store event.
June 1-15 - buy any two Legends of Chima Speedorz and get the second one free.
June 19 - build a free mini model Superman at a local Lego Store event.
June 1-25 - free exclusive "Jor-El" minifigure with any purchase of $75 or more.

I guess despite lack of sales for the Games line they are going to continue with the Legends of Chima set.
It is Chima afterall so I shouldn't be surprised really.

Thanks to tormentalous (The Brick Fan), I was able to add both the front and back image for the store calendar.

8705757250_509e8ee5b7_o.png

8705757214_e36e01ea46_o.png

So the Jor-El is real?

It seems so. Still dissapointing in it being 1/3rd of an exclusive minifigure. All they did was swap the new regular Superman suit with a new head and hair piece. Big whoop. The father of the last son of Krypton deserves so much better!

Those Chima Speedorz things must not be selling well. There are gobs of them in my local Walmarts clearance aisle, and now TLG is doing a buy one get one free. I'm beginning to wonder if Chima might be a bust with the kids.

Chima is a flop, so far. Go to any of the websites that rank their best-selling Lego sets and Chima is lucky to have 1 or 2 entries in the top 50. Last time I looked at target's best-selling Lego sets, there was just one Chima set in their top 60, and it was one of the new wave 2 sets. I think Lego was premature in retiring the Ninjago spinners; a secondary market Lloyd spinner is going for almost $30 now. They could have sold tens of thousands more of those, but instead they replaced them with the lame Speedorz.

I am really surprised by how bad LOC has done, because it came out of the gate really strong, and was flying off shelves... Let's just hope that TLG can give another decent year of Ninjago, and maybe if Chima is bad enough, they would do a fourth year.

I kind of like some of the Chima sets, and I really like the minifigs. I'm wondering if the toys are performing poorly because there's no consistent show on tv. Cartoon Network has only shown a couple specials, so is there a plan to do a whole series? If so, some of these sets might be worth some dough this christmas if they eol before or right after the regular series begins.

Cartoon Network has only shown a couple specials, so is there a plan to do a whole series? If so, some of these sets might be worth some dough this christmas if they eol before or right after the regular series begins.

What Lego is doing with Chima is similiar to the same tactic they used for Ninjago. First they showed a 2 episode pilot special, and then the following year an entire TV series featuring a number of episodes that followed. They already have a whole season of Chima completed I'm sure; it takes a while to come up with those episodes between scripts, 3d rendering, voice recording sessions, and what not. Lego is just saving that up for next year to really reel them in.

Regardless of EOL, the holiday season seems to usually be the best time for selling these buggers.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to remind members, old and new, about this re'pin'ed thread. I will always try to have one of these Shop-at-Home offers stuck at the top of the category on a month by month basis. Also, I attached images for this month's store calender onto the main post.