75367 - Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser

Pseudoty

I get LEGO making it the size they did for the $650 price tag, but I would have preferred it to have been at the same scale as the UCS Star Destroyer so the difference in size would be evident when on display together. 

(I.E. Venator-class @ 28" in length vs the UCS Star Destroyer's 43" length). 

Accordingly, I would have preferred $400 for a 28" model than the $650 for the 43" model. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 8:37 PM, exracer327 said:

I get LEGO making it the size they did for the $650 price tag, but I would have preferred it to have been at the same scale as the UCS Star Destroyer so the difference in size would be evident when on display together. 

(I.E. Venator-class @ 28" in length vs the UCS Star Destroyer's 43" length). 

Accordingly, I would have preferred $400 for a 28" model than the $650 for the 43" model. 

I get what you're saying but nothing is scaled to size between the UCS ships.  I actually prefer that the Venator and SD be equal for display purposes (and honestly i always thought they were the same size in universe 🤪); The designer was given two mandates...keep it the same size as the SD...and another thing I forget...

43 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I get what you're saying but nothing is scaled to size between the UCS ships.  I actually prefer that the Venator and SD be equal for display purposes (and honestly i always thought they were the same size in universe 🤪); The designer was given two mandates...keep it the same size as the SD...and another thing I forget...

What I want to know is the UCS Gunship to scale ;) 

"

• Recreate authentic details – Capture instantly recognizable features in LEGO® style, from the command bridge to the hangar with a buildable scale model of a Republic Gunship inside"

thumbnail_gunship.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

What I want to know is the UCS Gunship to scale ;) 

"

• Recreate authentic details – Capture instantly recognizable features in LEGO® style, from the command bridge to the hangar with a buildable scale model of a Republic Gunship inside"

thumbnail_gunship.jpg

I didn't even know there was a side hangar...I though most of the ships flew out of the front middle fuselage when the top gates opened..

Now THAT would have been next level stuff...especially since there are no apparent interior builds.  I know fans should be grateful to even get an UCS Venator ... but it's a lost opportunity to really impress, IMO.  THAT would have made it worth the extra $$$

why the hate for ryan, genuinely curious.

to me hes by far the least nerdy of the reviewers and that translates to the most interesting presentation.

i guess if you like the technical stuff maybe some of the other reviewers are better, but to me ryan covers the middle ground the best in terms of entertaining and evaluating, and no one knows close to as much as him about star wars specifically in the lego community

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

to me hes by far the least nerdy of the reviewers and that translates to the most interesting presentation.

i guess if you like the technical stuff maybe some of the other reviewers are better, but to me ryan covers the middle ground the best in terms of entertaining and evaluating, and no one knows close to as much as him about star wars specifically in the lego community

He doesn't bother me. I probably watch his channel more often than any other. I like that his videos are only 10-15 minutes, very concise.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

He has matured some over the years but I still see him as a spoiled petulant brat that thinks Lego owes him something not the other way around. 

Not sure why @raindog doesn't care for him but I would reckon it is for similar reasons. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

He has matured some over the years but I still see him as a spoiled petulant brat that thinks Lego owes him something not the other way around. 

Not sure why @raindog doesn't care for him but I would reckon it is for similar reasons. 

BINGO!  Exactly.  I have hated him ever since he did the "arm sweep" video against resellers about 5-6 years ago when he was guilty of the same actions in other videos.  He's a very smarmy, polarizing person.  But then again, he probably wouldn't like me either.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

16 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

He has let himself down a few times in the past. To be fair to him, he seems to have realised this and has deleted the offending content. I'm prepared to cut him some slack on this as I would have been an idiot if I'd had his reach when I was younger. A teenager being a belligerent idiot isn't earth-shattering news. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, raindog said:

BINGO!  Exactly.  I have hated him ever since he did the "arm sweep" video against resellers about 5-6 years ago when he was guilty of the same actions in other videos.  He's a very smarmy, polarizing person.  But then again, he probably wouldn't like me either.

What was the arm sweep video that he did?

21 minutes ago, Phantom Toys said:

What was the arm sweep video that he did?

I can't find it.  It's either buried too deep in all his other videos or he has deleted it but he did a highly critical video of fellow LEGO Youtubers doing "arm sweep" videos, where they go into a store and buy every clearance LEGO set available.  He contended that you "had to leave some for the children."  He ignores the fact that the very reason that the sets were on sale was because they had been sitting on the shelf, unsold, for a long while.  He was particularly hard on Bricks On The Dollar, using footage from his videos, doing arm sweeps, and using the footage to condemn him for buying out the shelf and not leaving any "for the children."  Meanwhile, he had many videos, both before and since, showing him buying out a store of certain set(s), but always with an excuse for doing so. 

First of all, this whole "for the children" concept is BS.  As an adult, if I am not using unfair practices to get early access, any thing that I see on a shelf should be fair game.  Kids have their whole life ahead of them to buy things that they want.  As a senior citizen, I'm a hell of a lot closer to the end than the beginning.  Why is their happiness more important than mine?  Secondly, if it has been sitting there during a buying season and is now reduced, mothers have had their chance to buy the set for little Johnny.  But, putting all of that aside, I can respect you if you disagree and have different beliefs.  But what I can't respect is when you are a hypercritical SOB that whines about something while doing the exact same thing yourself.  If this sound preachy then sue me.  You asked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, raindog said:

I can't find it.  It's either buried too deep in all his other videos or he has deleted it but he did a highly critical video of fellow LEGO Youtubers doing "arm sweep" videos, where they go into a store and buy every clearance LEGO set available.  He contended that you "had to leave some for the children."  He ignores the fact that the very reason that the sets were on sale was because they had been sitting on the shelf, unsold, for a long while.  He was particularly hard on Bricks On The Dollar, using footage from his videos, doing arm sweeps, and using the footage to condemn him for buying out the shelf and not leaving any "for the children."  Meanwhile, he had many videos, both before and since, showing him buying out a store of certain set(s), but always with an excuse for doing so. 

First of all, this whole "for the children" concept is BS.  As an adult, if I am not using unfair practices to get early access, any thing that I see on a shelf should be fair game.  Kids have their whole life ahead of them to buy things that they want.  As a senior citizen, I'm a hell of a lot closer to the end than the beginning.  Why is their happiness more important than mine?  Secondly, if it has been sitting there during a buying season and is now reduced, mothers have had their chance to buy the set for little Johnny.  But, putting all of that aside, I can respect you if you disagree and have different beliefs.  But what I can't respect is when you are a hypercritical SOB that whines about something while doing the exact same thing yourself.  If this sound preachy then sue me.  You asked.

I enjoyed reading it. you should start your own YT channel. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, raindog said:

I really feel that LEGO needs to stop their gwp programs.  I feel that they will sell the same amount of LEGO without it and it would open them up to less criticism.  Did the gwp actually sway anyone to buy the Venator that wouldn't otherwise buy it?  

I wasn't swayed by that GWP but there are plenty of items that pushed me over the threshold to buy.  The criticism though, they'll never make everyone happy.