Military - What if LEGO did?

LegoXman

As great as it would be for Lego to make military sets, they won't do it. It depicts actual war and they won't make sets that do such things. I'm with you, I think tanks, helicopters, jets, troops, the whole nine yards would be great, but you'll never see it happen. The way they get around the Revolutionary troops and Pirates is because they aren't based on actual events, or countries, as it were, they are vague representations. You are making up the story, or war, in your head. Not being directed in that manner by the toy.

• Like 1

As great as it would be for Lego to make military sets, they won't do it. It depicts actual war and they won't make sets that do such things. I'm with you, I think tanks, helicopters, jets, troops, the whole nine yards would be great, but you'll never see it happen.

The way they get around the Revolutionary troops and Pirates is because they aren't based on actual events, or countries, as it were, they are vague representations. You are making up the story, or war, in your head. Not being directed in that manner by the toy.

"Introducing the new Lego themes 'Taliban Caves, U.S. Tanks, and North Korean Missile Threats.' Exclusive Kim Jong Un polybag with orders of $75 or more."

Personally I'd love it if I could play with Actual lego tanks and weapons.... However understanding how they started in a war ravaged Europe makes me kind of understand why they wouldn't depict actual violent activities like that. Also how could they decide what was good or bad? They'd have to make like opfor and vague names. I do feel that if the family ever sells lego though the next owner might not be so stringent. So we will see what happens when the grandson of the founder dies.

Personally I'd love it if I could play with Actual lego tanks and weapons.... However understanding how they started in a war ravaged Europe makes me kind of understand why they wouldn't depict actual violent activities like that. Also how could they decide what was good or bad? They'd have to make like opfor and vague names. I do feel that if the family ever sells lego though the next owner might not be so stringent. So we will see what happens when the grandson of the founder dies.

Political correctness... *sigh*

Imagine U.S. Army Legos...the political crap storm that would start. If people got pissed off about Jabba's palace imagine how pissed they would be about seeing a Lego predator or an main battle tank on the shelves in China or Yemen... or Turkey. That would so not be good for the Lego company world wide.

Europeans were pissed with the American flag on the Fire Brigade, I can only imagine the S%(^storm that would come up if they made sets of our military. Here's my fist line of US Military Sets 11.99 - 4 minifigure battle pack 19.99 - Drones in Desert (2 brickbuilt drones and little desert cave) 29.99 - Hummer w/ 2 minifigs 49.99 - Tank 79.99 - Blackhawk Helicoptor This would be the test line. After that, F-22's, Stealth, Warships, Battle pack of other branches of military. Oh the possibilities. Disclaimer: This is obviously all in jest. Don't get uptight about my fake Lego military :)

Europeans were pissed with the American flag on the Fire Brigade, I can only imagine the S%(^storm that would come up if they made sets of our military. Here's my fist line of US Military Sets

11.99 - 4 minifigure battle pack

19.99 - Drones in Desert (2 brickbuilt drones and little desert cave)

29.99 - Hummer w/ 2 minifigs

49.99 - Tank

79.99 - Blackhawk Helicoptor

This would be the test line. After that, F-22's, Stealth, Warships, Battle pack of other branches of military. Oh the possibilities.

Disclaimer: This is obviously all in jest. Don't get uptight about my fake Lego military :)

They'll make all the cool stuff first but I guess eventually they could get to those of us "common" soldiers.

A desert 5-ton canvassed truck with two minifigs (me and my "battle buddy"), no squad weapon (because we didn't have enough) non-up armored (because they still didn't have that tech in 2002-2003) a truckbed full of Lego MRE's and toilet paper, and a water trailer full of contaminated water that made soldiers sick because they didn't have the antibodies to fight off whatever foul crap wasn't filtered out of it through the Baghdad water plant. 29.99 sounds like a good entry point to me to get to experience the utter crap that is Army logistics. And this set better appreciate after EOL too, dammit! :-)

Reply to all who commented: I know they won't ever do it, I'm just saying how awesome it would be. Untik then brickarms, brickmania, and custom stuff! I have a sizeable army, so I can't really complain :) and I'm seeing some good ideas, too!

On the military note, just got an order from Brickmania today. It was my first kits. They are freaking awesome...

Awesome, I just got my first ones too.firgures I ordered, and right after it they have all of these sales :/

• 2 months later...

Reply to all who commented: I know they won't ever do it, I'm just saying how awesome it would be. Untik then brickarms, brickmania, and custom stuff! I have a sizeable army, so I can't really complain :) and I'm seeing some good ideas, too! Awesome, I just got my first ones too.firgures I ordered, and right after it they have all of these sales :/

Brickmania.com kinda has a pattern for sales. You can almost count on sales around Veterans' Day and Memorial Day. (I've been viewing the site for about the last four years and every year they have sales around those days.) President's Day has had some sales too. Brickmania also has sales around important military dates. For example, they currently have a sale on all Russian kits because it is 70 years after the Battle of Kursk. Quote from their blog.

70 years ago this week, the Soviet Union rebuffed the German summer offensive on the plains of Kursk during what has become  the greatest tank battle in history. To help celebrate this great victory for the Motherland, we have marked down all Russian armor kits this week only.

Next year is the 70th anniversary of D-Day so I wouldn't be surprised if Brickmania had a sale going on then. 

Guest ph4tb0i

yeah, military in lego won't happen unless the Kristiansen family gives up control or the company goes public (which I REALLY hope they never do).