9467 - The Ghost Train

Search ghost train using the forum search.. here are great links. http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/1553/ http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/1295/ http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/evaluations/view/do_lego_monster_fighters_sets_scare_away_profits

I found a going out of business sale at a local toy store...40% off all legos...the best I saw was the 9467 Ghost Train...original price was MSRP...so is $47.99 a good price for this set? Worth it? They had 5 left. Thoughts?

I have 12 @ $54 and 4 @ $60. Buy as many as you can fit in the car for $48. Don't even think, just buy,

Look for the Castle and any original trilogy SW with the Clone Trooper or Darth Vador logo at the top right of the box.

• 3 weeks later...

I would buy 20 Ghost Trains if I found them at $47.99, How cheap do you want to pay for the Monster Fighter sets. The set is below Wholesale as it is. If you see the Monster Stuff on sale buy it, once there gone thats it forever. Next Halloween and Christmas these should do great, as there is always people who love Frankenstein, Dracula, Haunted Houses Etc.

I would buy 20 Ghost Trains if I found them at $47.99, How cheap do you want to pay for the Monster Fighter sets. The set is below Wholesale as it is. If you see the Monster Stuff on sale buy it, once there gone thats it forever. Next Halloween and Christmas these should do great, as there is always people who love Frankenstein, Dracula, Haunted Houses Etc.

They might even do decently this year. If the stores get rid of them fast enough, you never know?

• 3 weeks later...

good buy?  been waiting to go even lower in price ... here in hawaii the prices of ghost train aint dropping like the mainland ... thinking of pulling the trigger on a couple.

If you don't have any and, as you say, there are no clearances of MF in Hawaii, then I would think about grabbing at least a couple.

good buy?  been waiting to go even lower in price ... here in hawaii the prices of ghost train aint dropping like the mainland ... thinking of pulling the trigger on a couple.

pull the trigger. the current price is near the all-time online mainstream low of $54 (Walmart.com in Jan)

I passed on 7 boxes priced at 30.00 bucks. I'm not fully confident in this one, and I want to save my funds for LOTR's wave 1 clearance that is coming.

Unless someone here wants this enough that they'll make it worth my while to ship to them, I can grab them so they don't go to waste.

ide take that deal ... all 7 ... but whats the shipping to hawaii? $60x7=$420. i

$30x7=$210

so if shipping is less than $200 its a deal for me.

let me know