Debating bulk sale

isawred

Greetings! I’ve been debating a bulk sale. Couple hundred sets. MSRP was almost 14k. Current value 16.6k-23.5k. My question is at what price will someone buy? I’ve heard stories of 50%, would that be 7k, 8.3k or 11.7k?

I’ve just started an inventory. If it’s cool with y’all I’ll post as I go?

harry potter 18’-22’ - 87 sets MSRP was $3745 current avg for sale $5828 avg sold 90days $4180. Can I find a buyer at $2914, $2090 or $1872? 

marvel 18’-22’ - 81 sets MSRP was $2669 current avg for sale $4544 avg sold 90days $3189. *as of 5/11, it’s interesting how the prices change.

6 hours ago, isawred said:

Greetings! I’ve been debating a bulk sale. Couple hundred sets. MSRP was almost 14k. Current value 16.6k-23.5k. My question is at what price will someone buy? I’ve heard stories of 50%, would that be 7k, 8.3k or 11.7k?

I’ve just started an inventory. If it’s cool with y’all I’ll post as I go?

harry potter 18’-22’ - 87 sets MSRP was $3745 current avg for sale $5828 avg sold 90days $4180. Can I find a buyer at $2914, $2090 or $1872? 

marvel 18’-22’ - 81 sets MSRP was $2669 current avg for sale $4544 avg sold 90days $3189. *as of 5/11, it’s interesting how the prices change.

might want to post specific sets - values will depend on liquidity also, not just prices it has sold for. unless your lot is more like 1/2 of each set from those years...

Edited by Bricklectic

Unable to copy/paste readable table. Attached pdf for Harry Potter. I have one for marvel. Still working on others.

I understand your point of liquidity. There are some with only a few sold. I’m sure at some point I won’t be able to give away my vidiyo sets lol thankfully those are not part of the portfolio but there are some trolls in there. I thought my daughter would like the figs… 

Hp 1 sheet .pdf Marvel 1 sheet.pdf

Simple math is buy for 1/3 of what you could sell for.  Then you have to consider the labor involved in acquiring and inventorying the sets.

1/3 of $20K is $6600.  Slow moving market right now and the economy is not looking to improve.  So, starting with $6600 could be the thing to do and see if you get bid up.

Edited by gmpirate
  • Like 1

Thank you but nothing to be jealous of here! ChatGPT filled in the MSRP & set names, not always accurate but still helpful. Individual values takes me awhile to put together. Still some good baseline info to see if it’s worth it for both parties 🤝🏻

People willing to wait for the sets to appreciate could pay more but most people wiling to spend that much at once would want a quicker return.

Of course you could always setup shop in your garage, open the doors and have your own Lego store 😀

• Haha 1

LOL I’ve heard of a guy! 

I’ve sold sets on BL til I had 2 scams. Thankfully PayPal gave me my money but it was enough scare. 

local FB around Xmas but timing was difficult.

I’ve been on eBay but race to the bottom is ruthless!