Quick Update on New Data

Just want to give everyone a quick update on this months price guide update and including the data from UK and Australia. The Germany data won't be available until the April update, much to do there yet. I had to rewrite the process for all this new data. My original process would have taken days to run, so I rewrote it completely and now it's actually processing faster than what it was when it was just the US data by itself. Most of the time, when you get a chance to go back and look at what you did, you can always add improvements. Right now I am happy with the speed. Once it's done, we will look over the data and I need to add the elements to the actual price guide pages. From there, once I get some feedback and things look good, I will the move onto the modifications of the Brickfolio. There are dozens of pages that will need to be updated over time to make the data available on all reports. Sorry for the delay, but the updated pricing should be available over the next few days. Thanks Jeff

Just want to give everyone a quick update on this months price guide update and including the data from UK and Australia. The Germany data won't be available until the April update, much to do there yet. I had to rewrite the process for all this new data. My original process would have taken days to run, so I rewrote it completely and now it's actually processing faster than what it was when it was just the US data by itself. Most of the time, when you get a chance to go back and look at what you did, you can always add improvements. Right now I am happy with the speed. Once it's done, we will look over the data and I need to add the elements to the actual price guide pages. From there, once I get some feedback and things look good, I will the move onto the modifications of the Brickfolio. There are dozens of pages that will need to be updated over time to make the data available on all reports. Sorry for the delay, but it the updated pricing should be available over the next few days.

Thanks

Jeff

thanks to you

One thing that comes out of working on this stuff is that it gives you a chance to get a fresh look at code you did a while ago. I am looking through a bunch of pages in the Brickfolio section to see what I need to add and boy, things just jump out at me like, "Why did I do that?" or "How did i miss that?" Anyhow, i made a bunch of "fixes or enhancements" to queries on the Brickfolio. To me these pages were always slow and I used to cringe on how long it would take to load the dashboard. Right now though the pages are loading very fast compare to earlier today. Even testing with Ed's it loads in under 1 second. Hopefully some of you will notice an improvement on the Brickfolio pages as well.

There is a lot of missing data. One example is mtt: http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=7662-1 For march ebay sold listings have about 50 but BP has only 4 and they are only new, no used. I was checking some of my bigger sets and found this happening for all of them. Another example Eiffel Tower. 12 sold on ebay only 1 listed in BP.

There is a lot of missing data. One example is mtt:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=7662-1

For march ebay sold listings have about 50 but BP has only 4 and they are only new, no used. I was checking some of my bigger sets and found this happening for all of them.

Another example Eiffel Tower. 12 sold on ebay only 1 listed in BP.

Anyone?

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...