Are you a builder, collector, investor or all of above?

Hi I have been around for a few years now in the lego world seriously and wondered how people spend their time with Lego. I personally got back into it with the coming of age of my children being interested in lego which fuelled my interest. I was horrified to see sets selling for so much money that i had as a child. We embarked on a 20kg stash from ebay and as they built sets we bought missing pieces from bricklink, then opened a shop to sell our spare parts and the rest is history. With a very succesful Bricklink and Ebay store and a every growing investment section I now need more room!!!! Just wanted general feedback really, i ask all my customers what they are building so it keeps me in the loop with what is being built and collected. People here have stated their dislike for Bricklink and I am certainly not one of those. I am looking forward to the classified on here and every genuine collector rather than ebay scammers can only be good. i currently have over 80,000 pieces on bricklink with at least double that not listed just cant stop buying the little plastic bricks

I really got more into building when I started collecting SW. (which seems a little strange) Now, I don't build as often, but still actively collect and trade with friends. Currently thinking of trading minifigs for some NISB set(s) and begin my investment journey. I'll post more if all goes well... ;)

I try not to be excessive, bricklink is great as no fees for listing so basically i bought a box of the minifugures to help the kids and sell the rest on. The spares that are expensive are because i have my eyes on certain sets but if they sell for that price its win win in my opinion

Investor. Couple grand in portfolio.

Collector. SW minifigures.

Builder. SW planet sets and LotR/Hobbit.

Not to throw you under the bus ;), but how much of a planet set IS there to build? :) Unless you mean for display of course. I built the Barrel Escape and it is a fantastic set!

Not to throw you under the bus ;), but how much of a planet set IS there to build? :) Unless you mean for display of course. I built the Barrel Escape and it is a fantastic set!

Pretty much just the 9 so far. But, as far as 'building', I have bought the sets, opened them, and built them for display on my desk.

Fun and cheap. Sign me up.

For me, builder and collector go hand in hand. Hmm, I suppose if I ever sold anything that I could also be an investor too, but I don't really care for that part of things so much for myself. I certainly have enough sitting around still sealed and mint cause I haven't had a chance to sit down and build it yet. Ha ha.

For me, builder and collector go hand in hand. Hmm, I suppose if I ever sold anything that I could also be an investor too, but I don't really care for that part of things so much for myself. I certainly have enough sitting around still sealed and mint cause I haven't had a chance to sit down and build it yet. Ha ha.

Haha I have this same problem too man, I never have as much time as I would like for building Lego.

I build to collect with the thoughts of investing... Currently being a full time student I have no time to build. I just stare at the boxes; if I happen to go home. In the dorm I have a polybag that I have built in the time I should have spent studying... With exams just around the corner I am getting excited to get to build! But time will probably be spent on sleeping, working, studying, and finding work/internship/experience opportunities. I don't understand how people with big people jobs have time to "play" with Legos!