After All The Scare, Why Is MineCraft Still On S@H?

Blackjack

Whenever this set was available anywhere in the past, people freaked out and bought it as quickly as possible. Why then, is it currently available on LEGO Shop at Home for the list price of $35? Is the hype over and people are realizing that this won't be such a hot investment because of market flooding? http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Minecraft-21102

It's been available for quite a few weeks. I haven't bought any myself, but may just get 1-2 just for kicks. The hype is over. Either people lost interest, TLG started to catch on and make more, or all the people who wanted it bought it already. I think that all of these options could have actually occurred. Now it's like a regular set. Yay for people who wanted to get one, a BIG BOO from people who bought it when it was worth $100 and were hoping it would go to $200 on eBay.

Yeah back before Christmas they were selling for $120-150 on ebay so that's why people were stocking up on them as fast as possible for $35. But over time supply out weighed demand and that's why the price dropped back down to retail. Same thing happened with Jabba's Palace, but the minecraft craze was much longer (a couple months versus the Jabba's Palace craze that was only a couple days),

I think supply has finally caught up to demand. It's good that it's still a popular seller and wasn't just a flash in the pan. If I liked minecraft I would never have spent aftermarket prices on the set. Now it's accessible to more people which is good and being a top seller shows there is still high demand.

Saw a ton of them at multiple Barnes and Nobles on Friday. I was surprised how small the box was. I never understood it at all, the thing is no different than buying a bucket of bricks for the most part.

That is why I had no problem scooping up some and just throwing them in my closet for a few years.......they don't take up much space at all. Don't worry you aren't alone, I don't get it either.

I don't think they will hit the same value that they did last christmas, but it is important to keep in mind that this isn't exactly spending season. It will be interesting to see how much value they will have in 5 months? If the stock has disappeared again, or if the value has been deflated through creation of more sets? I think you could see 60 again in a few months, but 100 would seem like a stretch.

That is why I had no problem scooping up some and just throwing them in my closet for a few years.......they don't take up much space at all. Don't worry you aren't alone, I don't get it either.I like the pieces just because you can use them to make "micro-builds". The boxes are pretty weird. They are a cube shape, and they are really small for the piece count (but how big can a box get with a bunch of 1x1 pieces?)