Does Anyone Like The Winter Village Sets?

Blackjack

I absolutely LOVE these sets, and wish I had the dough to buy them! The locations are so cheerful, and there is usually a cool vehicle included. I think these are MUCH better looking and better for display than the traditional lighted porcelin christmas diorama, especially for nerds like us, :) I was talking to a kid in my homeschool group abot Lego, when the old president of our group walked up. She said that every year, she buys three of that years winter village sets, builds one, and sells the other two to pay for it! It seems funny to me that an older lady (no offense to any of you out there) would think of this or even be interested in Lego! I had just found BP and so I could hardly help from busting out laughing!

I absolutely LOVE these sets, and wish I had the dough to buy them! The locations are so cheerful, and there is usually a cool vehicle included. I think these are MUCH better looking and better for display than the traditional lighted porcelin christmas diorama, especially for nerds like us, :)

I was talking to a kid in my homeschool group abot Lego, when the old president of our group walked up. She said that every year, she buys three of that years winter village sets, builds one, and sells the other two to pay for it! It seems funny to me that an older lady (no offense to any of you out there) would think of this or even be interested in Lego! I had just found BP and so I could hardly help from busting out laughing!

I don't know of anyone who doesn't like these sets. I personally love them, they are fantastic sets and I always love building and displaying them for the holidays. That's pretty cool that the older lady you know resells Lego haha

I really like them, and have been keeping the look out for them used. Have you seen how much some of the other Winter theme sets are going for? The Holiday Train Collection goes for like $800+! These are not only good investments, but they also look amazing. I want to get one to display on top of the fireplace to replace "Santa's Sleigh". I especially like the number of minifigures you get, and as you said, you usually get an outstanding vehicle.

they where given for free this past black Friday if you spent $100 Oh yeah, now I remember. So do you think getting one for around $25 is ok?

That's about what I hope to get for mine this next Christmas time. I have 3 or 4 left I think. They were a really cool freebie last year, unlike the crappy Han Solo for May the 4th.

Every time I find myself happy with my investments, another line or set I was not paying any attention to or aware of pops up on the forums. Technic thread the other day has me looking at the other end of the aisle now. I am a Dept 56 guy around the holidays, but now this winter village line is tempting me. Looks like its back out to the money tree in the yard.

I absolutely LOVE these sets, and wish I had the dough to buy them! The locations are so cheerful, and there is usually a cool vehicle included. I think these are MUCH better looking and better for display than the traditional lighted porcelin christmas diorama, especially for nerds like us, :)

I was talking to a kid in my homeschool group abot Lego, when the old president of our group walked up. She said that every year, she buys three of that years winter village sets, builds one, and sells the other two to pay for it! It seems funny to me that an older lady (no offense to any of you out there) would think of this or even be interested in Lego! I had just found BP and so I could hardly help from busting out laughing!

Yeh Winter sets are great indeed...

They are awesome sets! I love the whole line and enjoy bringing them out at Christmas for display

Same, I break mine out the weekend after Black Friday every year to start getting in the holiday spirit. I love adding additional white bricks (to represent snow) and adding in the white fence, etc. These sets are a holiday tradition for me.

Same, I break mine out the weekend after Black Friday every year to start getting in the holiday spirit. I love adding additional white bricks (to represent snow) and adding in the white fence, etc. These sets are a holiday tradition for me.

And this is how Lego gains life-long fans...

I am hoping for some tradition like this, but I don't want to have to spend investment money on these sets. I'll save up, I guess!

Man that would be so amazing if they did that! I can imagine a corner section called "Santa's Store". It would have the floors filled with mini model toys and the main floor featuring the traditional guy in a Santa suit sitting on a chair with a line of children and parents waiting to tell 'Santa' what they want. Course that is more of pure fantasy, but I can see the classic winter bakery as a side section.

Man that would be so amazing if they did that! I can imagine a corner section called "Santa's Store". It would have the floors filled with mini model toys and the main floor featuring the traditional guy in a Santa suit sitting on a chair with a line of children and parents waiting to tell 'Santa' what they want. Course that is more of pure fantasy, but I can see the classic winter bakery as a side section.

Yeah that would be awesome! Also some sort of mini toy train running around inside the store would be awesome. Not sure how/if something like that would ever happen as a running mini toy train would probably be next to impossible to make.

Man that would be so amazing if they did that! I can imagine a corner section called "Santa's Store". It would have the floors filled with mini model toys and the main floor featuring the traditional guy in a Santa suit sitting on a chair with a line of children and parents waiting to tell 'Santa' what they want. Course that is more of pure fantasy, but I can see the classic winter bakery as a side section. Yeah that would be awesome! Also some sort of mini toy train running around inside the store would be awesome. Not sure how/if something like that would ever happen as a running mini toy train would probably be next to impossible to make. No way to make something that small actually run around on a track but it still will make a nice display having a mini choo choo with passenger cars and a caboose look like it's running on a tiny track attached to the walls, going over shelves and a mini town. Heh, and I thought N-Scale trains were small. Ha ha.

Man that would be so amazing if they did that!I can imagine a corner section called "Santa's Store". It would have the floors filled with mini model toys and the main floor featuring the traditional guy in a Santa suit sitting on a chair with a line of children and parents waiting to tell 'Santa' what they want. Course that is more of pure fantasy, but I can see the classic winter bakery as a side section.Yeah that would be awesome! Also some sort of mini toy train running around inside the store would be awesome. Not sure how/if something like that would ever happen as a running mini toy train would probably be next to impossible to make.No way to make something that small actually run around on a track but it still will make a nice display having a mini choo choo with passenger cars and a caboose look like it's running on a tiny track attached to the walls, going over shelves and a mini town. Heh, and I thought ******-Scale trains were small. Ha ha.Yes exactly, that would be sooooo cool! And yeah the train would make ******-scale look gigantic!

The Winter Village series is quite awesome. I have a lot of sets from this series and I'm sure they will be rather popular around christmas. I was also thinking of building several and place them under my tree, but we'll see about that. I'm only missing the 10229 from the entire series.