Jurassic Park 2023

brickvoyeur

image.thumb.png.dfff35aa4eeb936ddc6887ce477a346f.png

image.png.1be0b28f7c0968032a51571b6b766b10.png

image.thumb.png.b882c46f56ea2f2626d658a5ad40c67b.png

image.thumb.png.4e33efea201695bb5996d3dcbd66f2d5.png

image.png.b300481eef73ce0ff19756a4f7f64400.png

So they gave some classic scenes from the original movie, and really fleshed out the minifigure line. The "big pile of sh!t" like truly deserved it's own set. All we need now is Gennaro in a toilet.

The brachiosaurus looks better than I was expecting, but the lack of movement on the legs is disappointing. Also, a lot of Ellie figures. Could have swapped Alan in for the Triceratops set as I'd say his laying on the Triceratops was more important to the scene. But they went all in on making the turd the star of the show. She should have hands that match the glove color from when she dug into it. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, flukedd said:

These all seem overpriced. Like the box art though.

This is becoming the LEGO way now. Sad, my purchases have dropped off the map. I find many new sets nice, but then I see the price and find the hobby has gotten away from itself.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flukedd said:

These all seem overpriced. Like the box art though.

Funny cause I actually think the package art missed the art. The concept was right (classic / nostalgia / 90s) but the execution was sloppy in my opinion.

I actually would've been drawn more to the higher price if the box art was better. They should've leaned more into the bold, warm gradients with the black

image.png.83ccd9bebdb988bda3404e493099c53e.png

Seeing the "big pile of s**t" forever immortalized in an officially released LEGO set is a satisfaction I cannot describe. Nice piece usage with the brown frog to make it extra crappy. The Dilophosaurus Ambush is a compact build but kind of funny in a twisted way. I mean, Dennis dead.

2 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Seeing the "big pile of s**t" forever immortalized in an officially released LEGO set is a satisfaction I cannot describe. Nice piece usage with the brown frog to make it extra crappy. The Dilophosaurus Ambush is a compact build but kind of funny in a twisted way. I mean, Dennis dead.

the question is...is there a mini LEGO satellite phone inside that pile

• Like 1
  • Haha 1