Lone Ranger sets at Toys R Us

heathx3

I did not see another message mentioning it so I hope I am not repeating anything. Toys R Us is doing the 25% off of purchases of $100 or more and the small print at the bottom reads "excludes Marvel Super Heros and Lone Ranger Sets". SInce this promo is only good until the 14th it would lead one to believe the Lone Ranger sets will be on shelves any day, if they are not already in places that have higher turnover.

There have been reports from others that the Lone Ranger sets have already shown up in some TRU stores. I checked mine and we don't have them yet. Others stores are reporting that they will have them on the 15th. So they should show up any day now.

I am looking forward to this theme, we may some good deals around the holidays for these sets, we can just hope for a rapid EOL as well. I don't see it being a super great performer though, simply because, its base on a blockbuster movie, as the movie's popularity wanes, so will demand for the sets. Even if the film goes epic on the charts, it still won't do much for these sets in 5 years. The Lone Ranger isn't a space Opera that has been around for decades, neither was it based on comic books that are instilled in many of our childhoods, as such, it will likely be very similar to POTC or perhaps a bit better. Many say that it will be helped by the fact that it is a Western theme and we haven't had one of these in 17 years, however, many of us are also desperate for a pirate them and this didn't help POTC much.

I am looking forward to this theme, we may some good deals around the holidays for these sets, we can just hope for a rapid EOL as well. I don't see it being a super great performer though, simply because, its base on a blockbuster movie, as the movie's popularity wanes, so will demand for the sets. Even if the film goes epic on the charts, it still won't do much for these sets in 5 years. The Lone Ranger isn't a space Opera that has been around for decades, neither was it based on comic books that are instilled in many of our childhoods, as such, it will likely be very similar to POTC or perhaps a bit better. Many say that it will be helped by the fact that it is a Western theme and we haven't had one of these in 17 years, however, many of us are also desperate for a pirate them and this didn't help POTC much.

Very good points. I think I will be buying these for my own collection but not sure about investing in them just yet.

While it is based on a movie, it is also based on a classic TV show, children's legend, american icon. Not to overstate it, but even though it does have ties to the movie as clearly can be seen on the box, it also has a past, which is something Pirates of the Caribbean didn't have. I see some potential in this set, but I, like others will be holding off for some deals on this set.

• 2 weeks later...

My TRU had the Lone Ranger sets as well, but no Series 10 minifigures yet. It's seems like it is hit or miss with when the stores get new sets. I see people listing Series 10 minifigs and LR stuff already, so I know they are available in some places, but not others. My brother stated that some Walmarts, Targets and TRU already have both going, despite having a mid-May release date.