Its Not A Rumor The Monster Fighters and LOTR Helm's Deep are done being made in June

I been asked alot am I sure about The Monster Fighters and the LOTR Helm's Deep really going to stop being made in June, Yes they are, Its on the Official Lego order form for people who buy wholesale, and I have Emailed the form to a number of guys on here. But do not no about the Haunted House, so it would not hurt to pick one up once in a while. Now even though The Monster Fighters and Helm's Deep stops in June, these will still be around for the Holidays. And here is another thing that i know about, when Toys R Us and Target have there Black Friday Lego sale 6-8 months a head of time. Well chances are both store's no what sets they will have on sale, a good guess Target will have the VC for sale $74.99, and TRU could have the Ninjango 9450 Epic Battle for $90 like they had the 2507 set for $91. When I was ordering wholesale, my rep told me the store has to put the order in for how many they want, say target wants 20,000 VC they have to get the order in about 6 months or more. Now I don't no who is having what but thats a heads up on how they get there Black Friday sales set up. About 4-5 years ago Target and Tru sales were always $50 each Target had the 6211 Star Destroyer $50, then the AT AT, Troll Fortress was $60 TRU had The Falcons, Twilight.

Hey emazers. Great inside info. Can you email me the file as well. "jaisonline" + "hotmail." + "com". I do remember you posted here once. Last year's Black Friday sale at Target was sweet. All the Black Pearl's one could want at $74.99. At least in Phila, many went unpurchased. Luckily, my wife does that shopping. She just purchased it while I was home watching the kiddies as I never venture to stores that weekend :) That was my first true investment purchased.

I highly doubt the VC or any other monster Fighter set will make it to Black Friday at Target. I see those being clearances out long before then. They will simply have to in order to make room for new sets. Walmart has already clearances off their monster fighter line around here and most stores don't have any available. You combine that with the fact they are all marked "Hard to Find" on LEGO Shop at Home, I think that's a good sign they will soon only be available at online retailers and LEGO Shop at Home.

I highly doubt the VC or any other monster Fighter set will make it to Black Friday at Target. I see those being clearances out long before then. They will simply have to in order to make room for new sets. Walmart has already clearances off their monster fighter line around here and most stores don't have any available. You combine that with the fact they are all marked "Hard to Find" on LEGO Shop at Home, I think that's a good sign they will soon only be available at online retailers and LEGO Shop at Home.

I wish my local stores would get this memo. Seems like nothing is on clearance, ever. Even the "ghetto" Wal-Mart in my town, that has two full aisles of toy clearance doesn't have a single Lego product within them, the Lego aisles is still fully stocked with Monster Fighters and the first wave of LOTR. To rub even more salt in the wound, the clearance aisle is full of Kre-o and Mega Bloks World of Warcraft sets.

Just wait until they move the stuff to the clearance aisle and slap a red clearance sticker on it for full retail price. Walmart is notorious for that as well. They had about 9 Quinjet aerial assaults on their clearance aisle for 69.99. All had red clearance price stickers on them. Eventually they will drop but that frustrates me to no end

I highly doubt the VC or any other monster Fighter set will make it to Black Friday at Target. I see those being clearances out long before then. They will simply have to in order to make room for new sets. Walmart has already clearances off their monster fighter line around here and most stores don't have any available. You combine that with the fact they are all marked "Hard to Find" on S@H, I think that's a good sign they will soon only be available at online retailers and S@H.

The Pirates Car. line was pretty much dead last Fall / Winter but Target still had the B.Pearl sale.

This might also be a Halloween to Dec sale for the VC?

I don't know why some people get so upset that LEGO sets are hardly ever in the clearance isle.......does that really surprise anyone??? LEGO sells itself and doesn't need to be put in the clearance isle. Its no fault of any store that a toy sells so well that it hardly ever has to be marked down or put in a special isle. Also is it any suprise that the clearance isles are filled with KRE-O and mega bloks?????

I don't know why some people get so upset that LEGO sets are hardly ever in the clearance isle.......does that really surprise anyone??? LEGO sells itself and doesn't need to be put in the clearance isle. Its no fault of any store that a toy sells so well that it hardly ever has to be marked down or put in a special isle. Also is it any suprise that the clearance isles are filled with KRE-O and mega bloks?????

I agree with this. Why clearance something that moves so quickly off the shelves at full retail price?

emazers, while those sets might not be available after June for wholesalers, how do you know for sure that means Lego won't keep producing them for their stores and online sale? Just curious. Has that ever happened in the past? Also, VC seems like a really weird set to have for a Black Friday sale...

I been asked alot am I sure about The Monster Fighters and the LOTR Helm's Deep really going to stop being made in June, Yes they are, Its on the Official Lego order form for people who buy wholesale, and I have Emailed the form to a number of guys on here. But do not no about the Haunted House, so it would not hurt to pick one up once in a while. Now even though The Monster Fighters and Helm's Deep stops in June, these will still be around for the Holidays. And here is another thing that i know about, when Toys R Us and Target have there Black Friday Lego sale 6-8 months a head of time. Well chances are both store's no what sets they will have on sale, a good guess Target will have the VC for sale $74.99, and TRU could have the Ninjango 9450 Epic Battle for $90 like they had the 2507 set for $91. When I was ordering wholesale, my rep told me the store has to put the order in for how many they want, say target wants 20,000 VC they have to get the order in about 6 months or more. Now I don't no who is having what but thats a heads up on how they get there Black Friday sales set up. About 4-5 years ago Target and Tru sales were always $50 each Target had the 6211 Star Destroyer $50, then the AT AT, Troll Fortress was $60 TRU had The Falcons, Twilight.

While it's possible that the Vampyre Castle will be a Black Friday set, I highly doubt it since it is a Halloween themed set and Halloween will already be over. But, you never know.

Here is the Black Friday list from 2005-2011:

2005:

Target - 4504 Millennium Falcon $49.99

TRU - 8780 Citadel of Orlan $24.97

- 8781 Castle of Morcia $49.99

- 4502 X-wing Fighter $24.97

2006:

Target - 8877 Vladek's Dark Fortress $49.99

TRU 50% off the following-

- 7476 Iron Predator vs. T-Rex

- 7477 T-1 Typhoon vs. T-Rex

- 4844 Wild Hunters

- Bionicle Gold Toa

- 8769 Visorak's Gate

2007:

Target - 7894 Airport $44.99

TRU - I don't remember but I don't think there was anything

2008:

Target - 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer $59.99

TRU - 50% off all Aqua Raiders

- 7662 MTT $59.99

2009:

Target - 7048 Troll Warship $49.99

- 7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull $49.99

TRU - 7623 Temple Escape $42.59

2010:

Target - 5974 Galactic Enforcer $64.99

- 7097 Trolls' Mountain Fortress $64.99

TRU - 30% off the following-

- 6754 Family Home

- 7743 Police Command Center

- 5601 LEGOville Fire Station

- 8964 Titanium Command Rig

2011:

Target - 7327 Scorpion Pyramid $64.99

- 8078 Portal of Atlantis $64.99

TRU - 35% off several small to midsized sets (only one licensed - Sponge Bob Glove World)

• Like 1

I would hate to be caught without a bunch of Helm's Deeps and Mines of Moria in June, I am buying a house right now so it is painful seeing sets I love so much about to be discontinued and all my money is going to savings.

I'm in the same deliemma, Except I'm saving for a house AND a wedding! Very little funds get allocated towards my Lego collection :-(

On a side note, when I was last in my local LEGO store it seems all LOTR first wave is off the shelfs for good. Fortunately I ordered an Orc forge with free shipping/double VIP points though.

I get this point, but let me clarify I think my frustration stems from seeing people's YouTube videos and reading posts on here about how they found tons of Lego clearance for 50% or more off, but my local stores never do it. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with geography and demographics, I live in a bigger city which is more affluent with people who have the money to spend on amenities, which probably explains why Lego sells well here and doesn't need to be clearanced. It's good in that respect because I think it was that popularity that earned us a Lego store here. But at the end of the day I still feel admittedly jealous reading about how some guy scored 5 Helms deeps for 60 bucks each somewhere, lol. I'll gladly admit I'm just being a sourpuss.

I get this point, but let me clarify I think my frustration stems from seeing people's YouTube videos and reading posts on here about how they found tons of Lego clearance for 50% or more off, but my local stores never do it. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with geography and demographics, I live in a bigger city which is more affluent with people who have the money to spend on amenities, which probably explains why Lego sells well here and doesn't need to be clearanced. It's good in that respect because I think it was that popularity that earned us a Lego store here. But at the end of the day I still feel admittedly jealous reading about how some guy scored 5 Helms deeps for 60 bucks each somewhere, lol. I'll gladly admit I'm just being a sourpuss.

Josh, I'm with you on this. I think it's the hardest thing about browsing this site. I've just decided I do have to be patient. I don't have the money to buy every deal like that when I see it, or the space to store the sets anyway. I am trying to just be more selective, and when I DO stumble upon a random deal - like a Falcon for $70 and two Quinjets for $35 each at a Walmart - I pounce on it.

If you're in a big city, you also have to be willing to drive a bit. I target the Walmarts in the lower income areas of Western Washington, which is where my best deals have come.

Josh my comment was just in general and not aimed at you specifically that being said I see where you are coming from but just remember this, half or more of the stuff said on here is BS.......I forgot are you in Austin or the DFW area??

I'm in Austin. I'm sure Dallas is popular too, but I can say Lego is pretty damn feverish here. When the Lego store does the free monthly mini-model builds they get parents and kids lined up going out the door 2 hours before it starts, and the last time I went to the Pecan street festival, Lego had a mobile van setup with like a 10X10 foot playing area and tons of lego-related activities for kids to do. On top of that, Austin hosts the Game Developer's Conference (GDC) and SXSW most years and the guys from Traveller's Tales have appeared a few times to talk and demo the Lego video games. Austin is in general a pretty liberal city compared to most of the rest of Texas, and like I said before there's alot of money here so people are probably more apt to spend on non-essential things like Lego. How is Dallas' Lego climate?

Seems like nothing is on clearance, ever. Even the "ghetto" Wal-Mart in my town, that has two full aisles of toy clearance doesn't have a single Lego product within them, the Lego aisles is still fully stocked with Monster Fighters and the first wave of LOTR. To rub even more salt in the wound, the clearance aisle is full of Kre-o and Mega Bloks World of Warcraft sets.

I hear ya. Oh boy, do I hear ya! It's the same thing around me, nothing ever seems to get clearanced at all and my clearance aisle is still stocked with first line of KRE-O Transformers sets. The World of Warcraft sets are doing okay I guess but I don't think Walmart will ever get anymore KRE-O where I live.

I get this point, but let me clarify I think my frustration stems from seeing people's YouTube videos and reading posts on here about how they found tons of Lego clearance for 50% or more off, but my local stores never do it. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with geography and demographics, I live in a bigger city which is more affluent with people who have the money to spend on amenities, which probably explains why Lego sells well here and doesn't need to be clearanced. It's good in that respect because I think it was that popularity that earned us a Lego store here. But at the end of the day I still feel admittedly jealous reading about how some guy scored 5 Helms deeps for 60 bucks each somewhere, lol. I'll gladly admit I'm just being a sourpuss.Sourpuss or not, it is still annoying as heck and you have every right to be jealous. I had a rant of my own sometime ago because of the absolute obsurdity of it all. I mean come on, reading about a guy who can toss around a few thousand dollars on Lego to begin with is also the one who somehow always finds these insane deals?! How can that not just sound like bragging and rubbing it in your face? I would kill to find so much as one of those deals but even the Black Friday deals around me have been a real crapshoot.

It's not a good thing to dwell on such things but still seriously messed up when the world feels like it turns more in favor for those who spend money like water simply cause they can. Whatever, I guess I just need to find yet another job. Sheesh....

It's not a good thing to dwell on such things but still seriously messed up when the world feels like it turns more in favor for those who spend money like water simply cause they can. Whatever, I guess I just need to find yet another job. Sheesh....

says the guy with 665 sets in his brickfolio...lol.

Sourpuss or not, it is still annoying as heck and you have every right to be jealous. I had a rant of my own sometime ago because of the absolute obsurdity of it all. I mean come on, reading about a guy who can toss around a few thousand dollars on Lego to begin with is also the one who somehow always finds these insane deals?! How can that not just sound like bragging and rubbing it in your face? I would kill to find so much as one of those deals but even the Black Friday deals around me have been a real crapshoot.

I find that the people that whine and complain about not finding these deals are the ones trying the least. The deals are available *everywhere*, as far as the targets/WMs/kmarts are concerned. If you're not finding them, you're not trying hard enough. Period. You may *think* you're trying, but you're not, at least not harder than the ones that *are* finding them. This isn't charity, this is work. What you put in is what you get out.