Brickheadz 2023

Pseudoty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Am I the only one watching the slow motion funko train wreck? It seems like this once great brand is heading to the dumps. Since Brickheadz is essentially a lego version, i wonder if brickheadz will also face a drop in interest. 

I wouldn't put those in the same category.  Funko has been so massively overproduced and flooded on the market for a long time.  Too many lines, too many variants, too many sizes, too many platforms, too many exclusives, too themes, too many of everything.  Feels very beanie babies.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Am I the only one watching the slow motion funko train wreck? It seems like this once great brand is heading to the dumps. Since Brickheadz is essentially a lego version, i wonder if brickheadz will also face a drop in interest. 

40545 Koi Fish is off to a great start already at 3X MSRP and 4X Buy in. It was an exclusive only available for around 5 months and between all 3 platforms there are less than 20 sellers combined, but rank is low. 

Wall-E is doing well also but Disney 100th had limit raised to 5 which is not a great sign a lot of sellers with no BB barely profitable for now. 

35 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

40545 Koi Fish is off to a great start already at 3X MSRP and 4X Buy in. It was an exclusive only available for around 5 months and between all 3 platforms there are less than 20 sellers combined, but rank is low. 

Wall-E is doing well also but Disney 100th had limit raised to 5 which is not a great sign a lot of sellers with no BB barely profitable for now. 

exclusive means nothing, they are all exclusive,  that particular one was just never in stock compared to the rest.  Stores rarely got them and when they did it was a case or two at a time.   It was always pretty much 2x-3x even during release.  Cockatiel same situation.  Supposedly they just weren't popular cause they made boatloads of the rest comparitively.  Poodle pretty rare too then Shepherd and Dalmation after that pretty plentiful for the rest.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

exclusive means nothing, they are all exclusive,  that particular one was just never in stock compared to the rest.  Stores rarely got them and when they did it was a case or two at a time.   It was always pretty much 2x-3x even during release.  Cockatiel same situation.  Supposedly they just weren't popular cause they made boatloads of the rest comparitively.  Poodle pretty rare too then Shepherd and Dalmation after that pretty plentiful for the rest.

You mean the Pets sub-theme or BHZ in general? As Mando/Child is still readily available everywhere at 20% off. I did not pay attention to them until they went on sale 30% off online and in store and then started getting them and Cockatiel daily from LLNY as well. If the are the next Hamster looking at 5X MSRP if anyone buys them at that PP.

41 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

You mean the Pets sub-theme or BHZ in general? As Mando/Child is still readily available everywhere at 20% off. I did not pay attention to them until they went on sale 30% off online and in store and then started getting them and Cockatiel daily from LLNY as well. If the are the next Hamster looking at 5X MSRP if anyone buys them at that PP.

every bhz but mando which was released well before has been exclusive for the past few years

Just now, ravenb99 said:

every bhz but mando which was released well before has been exclusive for the past few years

The production of a few of them was just super low compared to the rest.  No clue why.  Hard to have high sales if you never offer them for sale.  Same reason rank wouldn't be great, just not enough out there to even sell enough to get traction.

No clue why some were so much rarer than the others.    Belle Bottom probably even rarer then Stranger Things but not near as popular but should still do very well.

• Like 1