Trolled by S@H (USA).. :(

Guest ph4tb0i

Guest ph4tb0i

Got this message after trying to order from Lego USA and have it shipped to a third party warehouse I used to use for Lego LEGO Shop at Home stuff from the USA:

Thank you for your recent order, XXXXXXXXXX. In an effort to protect personal consumer information, LEGO Systems, Inc. has elected to no longer process shipments to Third Party Shipping Vendors.

We have determined that because your order is scheduled to ship to such a vendor we must, accordingly, cancel your order.

:(

Guest AnnexBrett

Got this message after trying to order from Lego USA and have it shipped to a third party warehouse I used to use for Lego LEGO Shop at Home stuff from the USA:

:(

I just had a long conversation with them about what is "effort to protect personal consumer information" means? We reached bottom line that it means 'you are in canada so pay us more for your lego' thing! I even provided US CC with matching billing address, etc...still no go!

Pretty annoying but LEGO Shop at Home wasnt my primary source of shopping anyways. However I wanted to take advantage on the double VIP points.

I recieved the same email from them a few weeks back and came to the same conclusion. They want me to pay the overinflated Canadian LEGO Shop at Home prices. Today I was down in Washington State at the Lego store there. I bought a few things (to get some double points) and asked about the Orc Forge when I was paying. They offered to ship them for free since they didn't have any instock. I told them it would have to be to my shipping reciever in Blaine, WA as I was from Canada. The manager told me it shouldn't be a problem after I informed him of the emails I had recieved previously from Lego. So they sold me a giftcard for the exact amount of the 3 Orc forges with my Visa as payment method and said I will recieve an email confirmation with an invoice and another for shipping. I have recieved the invoice and am waiting on the shipping notice. We'll see if I get one tommorrow or if they cancel my order. Problem is, I don't know how they can refund me. I'll post when I get some more info. Curious to see how Lego deal with this, cause if they ship it, then the BS they gave us about 3rd party shipping companies is gonna piss me off even more.

Guest AnnexBrett

2 x 10214 in canada LEGO Shop at Home: 2x299 +HST+shipping=$705 - 600 VIP points, technically 5% off- total: $670 -> shipped to my door! In USA LEGO Shop at Home: 2x239+ NY sales tax+shipping=$545 - 480 VIP points, techically 5%off - total:$518 ->shipped to the US border - additional cost to pick it up is appx 20% = $620 On ebay from a power seller: 2x$218, no tax+shipping=$460, no VIP points,etc - total: $460 ->shipped to the US border - additional cost to pick it up is appx 20% = $552 $670 VS $620 VS $552 Screw double VIP points, free shipping, etc...

Guest ph4tb0i

2 x 10214

in canada LEGO Shop at Home: 2x299 +HST+shipping=$705 - 600 VIP points, technically 5% off- total: $670 -> shipped to my door!

In USA LEGO Shop at Home: 2x239+ NY sales tax+shipping=$545 - 480 VIP points, techically 5%off - total:$518 ->shipped to the US border - additional cost to pick it up is appx 20% = $620

On ebay from a power seller: 2x$218, no tax+shipping=$460, no VIP points,etc - total: $460 ->shipped to the US border - additional cost to pick it up is appx 20% = $552

$670 VS $620 VS $552

Screw double VIP points, free shipping, etc...

Wow, what are you paying for pickup at the border? 20% additional cost.. trolololol....

Yeah, 20% for pickup at the border? I pay $2.50US a package. I very rarely get charged duty to bring the packages across. As long as I break up my trips and keep the values low, they seem to leave me alone. If I grab $1000 in Lego and spend 25 minutes in the US, then duty is a certainty. But if I make a couple trips for the $1000, they seem to not worry about it. As for an update on LEGO Shop at Home, I got my shipping notice today! So it looks like the gift card payment method worked. I still got double vip points on it all as well :) Still pisses me off that they fed us those lines about protecting consumer identities by shipping to 3rd party shipping/recieving companies. It's all about buying from the Canadian Lego store's.

Guest AnnexBrett

Yeah, 20% for pickup at the border? I pay $2.50US a package. I very rarely get charged duty to bring the packages across. As long as I break up my trips and keep the values low, they seem to leave me alone. If I grab $1000 in Lego and spend 25 minutes in the US, then duty is a certainty. But if I make a couple trips for the $1000, they seem to not worry about it.

As for an update on LEGO Shop at Home, I got my shipping notice today! So it looks like the gift card payment method worked. I still got double vip points on it all as well :)

Still pisses me off that they fed us those lines about protecting consumer identities by shipping to 3rd party shipping/recieving companies. It's all about buying from the Canadian Lego store's.

20% - I counted roughly everything : warehouse fee, possible duties (13%hst), gas, time, etc. to get the set to my door. What I wanted to say its still cheaper than shopping at LEGO Shop at Home. If you not get charged for duties or you have "free" gas than it's just even better deal... :)